Chapter 20

"Ellen has a depth behind her eyes that's just incredible, she says one thing but is thinking something else which is really intriguing"- Patrick Dempsey

Before he could even shut the trailer door behind them her lips were on his, drunk on lust he kissed her back, he didn't care about the consequences, he needed her. He pressed her up against the trailer door, his hands under her dress on her thighs, she didn't suppress her moan when his mouth met her neck this time. He picked her up, her legs wrapped around him, and placed her on the kitchen counter top. This time when he felt her hands go to his collar, she actually managed to pry the tie off from around his neck and her hands went straight to unbuttoning his shirt which he then shrugged off onto the floor. He pulled away and knelt before her, he knew that she was watching him carefully as he gently took her foot and undid the buckles of her heels, slowly pulling them off before kissing his way back up her legs. She impatiently pulled him up and off of the floor, bringing her lips to his. His hands found the zipper on the back of her dress and in a matter of seconds her dress was on the floor along with the rest of their discarded clothing and she was in his arms. He walked them over to the bed and placed her down gently, his eyes darkened as he looked down her body, she was so perfect and she was his. He unbuckled his belt as he climbed on top of her, "Are you sure?" he asked, he didn't want her to do anything she didn't want to. But she rolled her eyes at him and said "You wouldn't be on top of me if I wasn't", he raised his eyebrows and started to smile but she kissed him before he could say another word.

✦✦✦

He woke up to the sound of light snoring, the small blonde woman in his arms definitely wasn't his wife but instead the love of his life. He was relatively sure that what had happened last night wasn't a dream but the feeling of her soft skin against his clarified the matter. He held her tighter into him, not wanting the moment to end, he was petrified of what she was going to say when she woke up, especially when all he had wanted to do was tell her how much he loved her. She started to stir, her breath quickening against his chest, her eyelids fluttered open and he found himself staring into those green eyes. He could have sworn that he saw a faint smile flash across her lips before her eyes widened in surprise. She sat up holding the bed sheet around her chest as she looked at him, "Shit" she exclaimed looking at him, "Shit? Really? You wake up next to me and all you have to say is shit" he said, he could see her brain working as her eyes flicked around the trailer to their discarded clothing scattered around the floor. It wasn't even his idea, she was the one who dragged him to the trailer, she was the one who kissed him, but she was acting like she was surprised. "Patrick you're married! I have Chris!" she said, her Boston accent thicker than usual just made him want to kiss her even more. "I know but Ellie-" he started before she cut him off, "No, don't but Ellie me! This didn't happen, this was a mistake, we never talk about this again", every word sliced through him like a knife. All of the afterglow from the night before had disappeared, cold hard reality settled in as he processed what she was saying. But if that's what she wanted, if she didn't want him, he would respect that, he wouldn't push her on it. He looked into her eyes, "If that's what you want then okay, I won't bring it up" he said, his heartbreaking as he said it. "Good" she said, but he knew from the way her voice quivered, from the look in her eyes, that it was hard for her. And he knew that it hadn't just been him that had enjoyed the previous night, she had begged him and the Ellen he knew never begged for anything. "I'm going to go shower" she said getting up completely naked, he stared at her body, at the red marks all over her body. She looked at him and said "And no, you can't join me", he smirked as she followed his eyes down her body to the hickeys on her inner thighs. "And how the hell am I going to hide these from Chris" she exclaimed, he laughed as he got up from the bed, trying to cover up the boiling jealousy running through his veins. He watched her walk towards the bathroom before reaching down to grab his crumpled pair of boxers from the floor. "I don't know why you're laughing, haven't you seen your neck and your back?" she called from the shower, he walked to the mirror and sure enough he also had dark purplish marks on his neck but on his back were deep scratches where her nails had dug into the skin. "You mauled me!" he called back as he put his T-shirt on over his head, trying to hide the pain within him with humour. He had always used humour as a defence mechanism of sorts, well that and flirting when it came to Ellen. He had thought a few months ago that maybe he just needed to get her out of his system, that after he had slept with her all of his feelings would fade. It seemed as though he was entirely wrong, he was somehow even more in love with her, every part of him was hers, she owned his entire heart. But his wife and daughter needed him, he needed his family if Ellen didn't want him, so once again he shoved down every feeling deep inside of him. But still he couldn't help but wonder why something so wrong felt like the rightest thing he had done in a long time.