Chapter 23

"I can't fall in love with him, he's married and I'm not single"- Ellen Pompeo

He ran his fingers through her hair, her cheek was sticky with sweat against his chest. "Paddy?" she asked, "Yeah Ellie?", he looked down to see her head propped up and her big green eyes looking back at him. "I don't want to end things with Chris until you've finished things will Jill", at that he flinched, he wasn't expecting that so soon. He knew that it was stupid but he hadn't even thought about what he'd tell Jill, how he'd end an almost ten year relationship, how he'd break apart their little family. "Okay, but maybe we should wait a bit, it's Tee's birthday soon and I don't want to ruin it", he knew after saying it out loud how silly it sounded but he needed the time, and he truly didn't want to ruin his daughter's fourth birthday. "So just sex?" she asked with a mischievous look on her face, "Just sex" he repeated. If it wasn't for the smile on her face and the prospect of being with Ellen he would have felt guilty, for what he doing to his wife, for what he was about to put Ellen through. "Want to go again?" she asked, climbing on top of him, he laughed and grabbed her hips, "Ellie, it's the middle of the day, people are going to wonder where we are". "Let them wonder" she replied as she bent down to kiss him, just as their lips met there was a knock at the trailer door. Their eyes flew open, "You get dressed, I'll go and hide in the bathroom" she ordered, climbing off of him. He watched her run, naked, into the bathroom as he got off of the bed and shrugged on some pants and a pair of scrub trousers. The knock sounded again, "I'm coming" he called, giving up with his search for a scrub top before going to open the door. Standing outside was Sandra, an eyebrow raised and a knowing look on her face, "Took you long enough" she said before barging in to the trailer, passed him. "Come in why don't you" he muttered under his breath as he shut the door behind her. "Ellen's in the shower" he said as she turned to face him, her eyes roaming over him, taking in his messy hair and the fact that he was topless. "Right" she said smirking, "Well I had just come by to check that she was okay, Katie said that she saw her looking upset earlier, but clearly you have it sorted", she snorted as she looked around the trailer. He followed her gaze to see their clothes thrown haphazardly on the floor and the bed in a state of disarray. She looked back at him, her eyes crinkling with amusement, "Well I'll leave you two to it" she said, walking out the door. After the door closed he walked into the bathroom to find Ellen soaping herself up in the shower, "Your friend was at the door" he said, stripping off his trousers. "Patrick! What are you doing in here?" she exclaimed, turning around, he laughed and shrugged off his underwear before getting in behind her. The shower was barely big enough for one of them, let alone the both of them. "Ellie, you know that I've seen it all before right? Wait... we've even showered together before", he grabbed her waist and turned her around to face him, "Oh yeah" she said smiling at him. "Who was it at the door?" she asked, "It was Sandra" he replied, pushing the hair away from her face, "She definitely knows about us by the way". "She what- she knows about us?" she said, grabbing onto his wrist, "Well we left the trailer in a bit of a mess, I think it was kind of self-explanatory" he said. "Why aren't you more stressed about this" she asked, "Ellie, she's your best friend, I'm sure she knew that there was something going on anyway, and I doubt she'd say anything that might hurt you". She smiled, that beautiful, lopsided smile that raises one side of her mouth higher than the other, "Well... she may almost definitely have been in the know about us before anyway" she admitted. "Mmmm, I thought so" he said while leaning in to kiss her, she kissed him back before putting her hand on his chest and pulling away. "You're distracting me from showering. I need to wash my hair, I'm all sweaty and sticky" she said picking up her shampoo from the little basket on the side. He watched as she massaged the shampoo into her scalp before moving behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist. He kissed her neck from behind and pulling her close to him, the shampoo from her hair tickling his forehead. He couldn't keep his hands off of her, he couldn't believe that he ever had enough self control not to kiss her. He heard that giggle that made his heart leap and felt her small hands slapping his, which were clasped by her belly button. "Paddy! Honestly, I don't know how I'm ever going to get anything done with you here" she said laughing, he smiled into her neck before washing his own hair with her shampoo. "Are you using my shampoo?" she asked, an eyebrow raised, "Yeah-", "You do know that has a toner in it that is meant to make your hair blonder right?" she said laughing. The shampoo he had been using for almost a year was making his hair lighter? "Seriously?! I've been using it for ages! Why didn't you tell me?", "How was I meant to know that you were using my shampoo? Also... you've been using my shampoo for months?!" she exclaimed, her voice went up an octave as she spoke. "It smells like you, I just- I don't know, I like it" he said, his head cocked to the side with a big smile on his face. She shook her head and went on her tiptoes to kiss him, both of her hands cupping his cheeks. "What was that for?" he asked, "Nothing, I just love you" she replied. He smiled before kissing her again, leaning her back against the shower wall.