chapter 5

Kara is running and she doesn't know where she's going but she just keeps running and running. The pain is unbearable. It's like a sword is stabbing right into her lungs and the flower is pounding and pounding against her ribs. She runs and runs, finding herself in an alleyway. Before she knows it, she collapses to the ground, throwing up a multitude of plumerias and blood. Bile burns her throat as she cries out in pain. She swears she can hear the angels and Gods laughing at her. Laughing at her while enjoying their scones and tea.

"Why did you do this to me! Oh Rao,why are you doing this to me!" She cries as she pounds her fist into the ground, "I'm already in so much fucking pain!"

Suddenly, a tiny ball of light comes fluttering towards her, and Kara gasps out for breath.

"Hello?" She speaks, hoping someone would be there to guide her.

"Hello, Kara Zor El." Says a woman with golden wings and a thick Scottish accent.

"Who-" Kara chokes out, "Who are you?"

"My name is Eros." The woman replies. "Goddess of love."

"Eros?" Kara asks.

"Indeed. I am a Greek deity." Eros replies.

"What is it you want?" Kara asks.

"I must commend you, Kara Zor El. It was incredibly brave of you, my sweet child." Eros responds, "Telling the Luthor woman how you feel."

"It hurts." Kara chokes out, "Every inch of me hurts."

"I know, child." Eros hums, "Perhaps this will help you." she pulls out a vial of golden liquid speckled with purple petals.

Kara grabs the vial from the Goddess' hand and quickly removes the lid, swallowing down the liquid. The warm, sweet taste of honey and cinnamon on her tongue with a hint of ginger bread. "Thank you." she says softly.

"Of course," Eros nods curtly and without much emotion. "I'm so sorry that your love was not returned."

"That makes two of us." Kara responds bitterly, "I'm so foolish, I should have known Lena wouldn't return my feelings."

"My dear child, sometimes it takes years for soulmates to realize the diamond that is right in front of them." Eros coos softly.

" Enough with the " soulmate" bullshit, Lena is Jack's soulmate. Not mine." Kara says in an annoyed tone. "My heart is broken, literally, figuratively and metaphorically and I'm still going to be dead in a week."

"I apologize." The Goddess bows her head, "I did not intend to upset you."

"Don't you Gods have anything that can get this curse removed from me?" Kara asks. "Anything at all?"

Eros hums for a moment, "Yes, well, Anteros, the Goddess of Requited Love conjured up a cure many years ago."

"Can you take me to her?" Kara asks, desperate. "Please, I just want the pain to end."

Eros shakes her head, "It is not that simple, Miss. Zor El." The Goddess tells Kara. "I'm afraid that the cure has its consequences."

"Like what?" Kara asks.

"If you take the cure, shall you choose to, you will lose the ability to love." Eros informs her. "And you will not remember who Lena Luthor is."

"I'll never love again?" Kara asks. "And I'll forget Lena?"

Eros nods sadly. "Indeed. As well as the consequence that your beloved will face."

"Wait, what will Lena face?" Kara asks.