Last Minute Learning

A/N: And here we are, a week later, with another chapter :)

Hope you enjoy!

---

After overhearing Harry's conversation with the empty common room and not learning anything about whatever Death Eaters were, Will and I decided to ask around.

Obviously, the first person we asked was Hermione. She seemed to have a vast knowledge about everything, and if she didn't already know it, she'd somehow find all of the information, simply because she loved to learn.

I could definitely see her getting along with Annabeth, seeing as they both had an unhealthy addiction to reading and learning.

We returned the books I'd taken from the library, very nearly getting caught by Madam Pince in the process, and then walked around Hogwarts trying to find Hermione.

We found her outside with Harry, reading a book and trying to teach him some kind of spell.

We struck up a conversation, attempting to find some kind of way to bring up Death Eaters without raising eyebrows.

It was actually surprisingly easy. She told us what she knew, and then we quickly ended the conversation, making up some excuse for needing to leave.

She was all too happy to have helped, and then immediately went back to berating Harry about a spell he wasn't getting right.

Our trip back to our dorm in the Gryffindor tower was silent, Will and I both thinking over the information we'd just learned.

Death Eaters were dark wizards who were loyal to the Dark Lord, also known as Voldemort, also known as He Who Must Not Be Named, or whatever you wanted to call him. They all had a distinct tattoo of a snake and a skull on their arm called the Dark Mark.

Apparently, during the summer, it had been spotted in the sky as a calling to all followers of Lord Voldemort.

These Death Eaters were what she'd called "pure blood supremacists" that hated muggles and any witch or wizard who was muggle-born.

Muggles, apparently, were the wizarding world's equivalent to mortals. People who lived their lives, not knowing about magic, or at least not being able to use magic. Not to be confused with Squibs who had wizard parents, but could not use magic themselves.

Basically, Death Eaters were Wizard Nazis. And there was one at this school who was apparently the headmaster at another school.

See, now that's just fucked up.

Once we'd gotten back to our dorm where we were sure no one would overhear us, we sat side by side on Will's bed.

I felt Bianca's furry body rubbing against my leg, demanding attention, so I picked her up and placed her on my lap, absentmindedly stroking her back.

"So they're terrorists," Will said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"And there's one at this school?" He said, clearly finding it as difficult as I was to process this new information.

"Apparently."

"And everyone is just okay with this?" By the sound of his voice, Will was getting increasingly agitated, unable to believe the utter stupidity of these people. "How can they put a terrorist in charge of a school?"

I stayed silent, neither of us knew the answer to that question.

After some time, I finally spoke up. "Whoever Harry was talking to thought maybe Karkaroff put his name in the goblet of fire," I said. "You think maybe the Death Eaters have some kind of plan?"