Getting Ready For the Ball

Now that the term had ended, the students spent the week leading up to Christmas mostly just enjoying themselves. Everyone was getting more and more excited about the ball, and I got to sleep in every morning.

As always, the food was incredible (actually, might've been even better for the holidays, but who's to say), and I didn't have to walk around wearing a wizarding robe that seemed to want to trip me every chance it got.

Because of the break, Will was less annoying about waking up early, and usually let me sleep for at least an extra hour or two, but he still insisted that I eat a healthy breakfast every morning.

Because of our new sleeping arrangements, we had pushed our beds together so that neither of us would completely fall off (seeing as they were far too small for two people) but we still slept pretty much tangled in a heap.

Waking up every morning in my boyfriend's arms gave me a hell of a lot more happiness than I ever could have imagined.

Then again, I'd never imagined I'd have sunshine incarnate as my partner, but here we are.

~*~

I woke up bright and early on Christmas morning, which is to say only a little before ten o'clock.

My face was pressed into Will's chest and I could clearly hear the rhythmic thumping of his heart.

"Morning sunshine," came his soft voice, "Merry Christmas!"

I smiled. "M'rry Chrs-mas" I muttered, burying my face in his fluffy pyjama shirt.

I felt his fingers running through my hair as he hummed in response. They moved in a calming pattern, to which I sighed in contentment.

"Can we stay like this a little longer?" I asked, stifling a yawn.

"Yeah sure," he kissed the top of my head, "it's Christmas."

~*~

The day was spent nicely. Breakfast had been amazing, and lounging around the gryffindor common room doing nothing was very gratifying. (I really don't understand how people don't like just doing nothing).

Later that afternoon, Harry and the Weasley's roped us into a snowball fight.

We sort of formed teams and threw snow in each other's general direction, because Will and Ron never really seemed to hit who they were aiming at.

Playing in the snow was fun until Will crept up behind me and shoved snow down my back.

"Will!" I shrieked, trying in vain to get it out.

He laughed.

The fucking audacity.

He looked like he was having the best time of his life. His cheeks and nose were slightly pink from the cold, and his hair was reflecting the bright sun making it shine like a halo.

I threw a snowball at him. It hit his face dead center.

Then it was my turn to laugh at the look of surprise on his face.

Suddenly, he got this really smug look and smirked as though he was planning something. Then he ran at me.

I didn't have time to get out of the way, so when he tackled me, his heavy body sent us both tumbling into the snow.

I struggled under him, but with his stupidly tall heavy body and the snow making it harder to move, he easily pinned me down.

"I win!" he laughed.

I couldn't really be mad at him, although I swear I was trying, but his smile was contagious and I blame him for the weird way my heart leapt.

He bent down and kissed me.