Hold up... What? Another Quest?!

Disclaimer: I own nothing

Hi, my name is Nico di Angelo. This is the story of how I ended up having to protect a bunch of kids I don't even know, while juggling my feelings of my best friend. Let's begin:

So, I was walking to the arena to practice my sword fighting skills. I'm the second best in camp, right after Percy Jackson, but hey, we're close.

Regardless, I was stopped by Jason who said, "Hey Nico, Chiron asked for all the cabin counsellors to go to the Big House for a meeting."

I groaned. "Why? What could he possibly want a meeting for? The war is over!" I said, of course the last part was yelled into his face because I was angry. Not at him, but at Chiron. I didn't like being in a room with so many people at once.

"Not sure, but come on, you're the last one."

"No, I'm not. You're here too," I said with a smirk.

He just glared at me, to which I continued to smirk. Finally, he just said, "Ugh, just come." And started walking to the big house.

"Hey, wait!" I said, my legs were a lot shorter, I'm only 5'6" and he's freaking 6'1"! Why am I so short?! (A/N: I'm 5'3" so just be quiet Nico!) Jason slowed down for me to walk next to him.

When we got to the Big House I walked in before Jason and whispered, "Ha, I'm not the last one in here." I know I'm Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, lord of the Underworld and dead people, but becoming friends with Will Solace has brought back some of the ten-year-old-Nico back. Mostly just my childish self.

I went to sit beside Will. He whispered a greeting, which I returned by mimicking his voice. He glared at me halfheartedly and I just sent him a mischievous smile. Wow, I'm reverting back to my old self.

"I bet you're wondering why I gathered you all here today," began Chiron. "Let me explain. There is a school in Europe called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and they are hosting the Triwizard Tournament.

"This tournament hasn't taken place for many years due to the high death toll. It was discontinued around the year 1792. But, this year it will be revived. The headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore, has requested I send two Demigods to provide extra protection for the champions."

There was multiple groans of protest that rippled through the Big House. No one wanted to go. For crying out loud, we just had a war! Okay, fine, we had a war about six months ago, but that's irrelevant. The point is, some people don't want to go on any more quests, they've had enough for a lifetime.

There was silence. Like I said, no one wanted to go. But then I saw Percy and Annabeth communicating with their eyes and I knew that if I didn't do something, they would end up going. I couldn't do that to them. They had already gone on a lot of quests, and one of which led them to Tartarus... And yes, I went through it too. But Percy and Annabeth deserve some time off.

So what I did next surprised basically everyone. "I volunteer as tribute... Sorry, couldn't help it. I had to make that reference. But seriously, I'll go." I said to Chiron. "I can sense when there's an aura of death around someone, so I can protect and warn them."

"Well then, in that case, I'll go too." That was Will. "You said he asked for two demigods, and I'm Nico's Doctor. I need to make sure he's eating properly, and he's not over exerting himself. Also, as you all know, I'm a doctor. I can heal the champions if they get hurt." He said.

"Very well, you two will be the ones to go. You will leave on August 25, one week before school starts. I will let Dumbledore know." Chiron said, and then dismissed us all.

As I walked out of the Big House I fell into step beside Will and asked him, "Do you really want to go to protect the students, or just so you can make sure I eat the normal amount a fourteen year old kid should?"

Will looked at me with his hand on his chest in mock hurt. "You really think I don't care about the safety of a couple students I don't even know?" I chuckled. "No, Nico. You're not the only reason. Just the majority of the reason." He said.

I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. "You don't think I know how to take care of myself?" I asked him. "You think I'd only eat a couple grapes? Because I'm pretty sure the saying goes 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away' so I'm going to be eating a lot of apples when I'm there." I say with a smirk.

"Hey!" He said when he finally understood what I meant. I started running away from him but he began chasing me. "Get back here!" He yelled at me. But I kept going.

~Time skip~

Eventually night fell and it was time for the campfire. Will went to sit with his cabin to lead the songs and I sat next to Jason. "So, did you have fun today?" He asked me.

"Yes, dad," I said to him. "Honestly Jason, only parents ask that question." 

Jason chuckled. "But seriously, I saw Will chasing you and you looked pretty happy. What's going on between you two?"

"What?! Nothing!" I said exasperated, and quite possibly a little flustered. "We're just friends."

"So were me and Piper, and Percy and Annabeth, and Frank and Hazel—"

"Okay, okay, I get it." I said, cutting him off. "Sometimes friends get together. I got it. But there is nothing going on between me and Will."

"Okay, if you say so." That was not Jason. Jason didn't sound like that. I look to my right and see Percy.

"Were you listening to our whole conversation?" I asked him.

"Yup. You know, you guys aren't very good at whispering." He said to us.

"You really aren't," and that voice was female. Scratch that, those voices were female. I look at Annabeth and Piper.

"Oh, come on! Let me guess, now Leo's going to pop up and say 'Hey guys, I'm here too.'" I say, throwing my hands up.

"Yup," that was Leo.

I groan and put my head in my hands. I'm blushing furiously. "Why?" I ask no one in particular.

~Time skip~

When the campfire was over I went to my cabin and found Will waiting for me at my door. "What are you doing here?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm hurt. You don't want to see me?" He said.

"No, it's not that. I'm just saying, shouldn't you be with the rest of your cabin?" I say.

"Well yeah, but I was going to tell you that tomorrow is August 24 so..." he said waiting for me to figure out what he meant.

"Okay... OH!" I say, finally understanding. "So we have to pack tomorrow and say goodbye to everyone?" I ask him.

"Yeah, basically," he said. "Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. G'night, see you tomorrow." He started walking away.

Before he got out of earshot, I said, "'Night, Will."