Chapter 20

Having a beach party while the world is on the brink of destraction was the very definition of oxymoron, in Aria's opinion. At the same time she felt both relaxed and on edge. She felt like she was having a very well deserved rest which she shouldn't be having right now. 

Aang decided to fight the firelord after Sozin's comet, said that he needed more training. Aria couldn't agree more, if they are going to fight the firelord, they need to be more ready, which means that they need time. She sighed looking at the beach, Katara occasionally surfing from one side of the beach to the other. She had to admit it was a peaceful morning, so she aloud herself to relax a little bit more.

BOOM

Aria jumped on her feet, fists raised close to her face, ready to defend herself. She looked around frantically, only to relise her friends were running towards the house. 

"What the hell?" she said under breath, before she too, started running towards the house.

By the time she got there, there was a mix of fire and air on the rooftop. There are two case scenarios here, from Aria's perspective. One, Aang lost control of his firebending, two Zuko and Aang are training. But, she saw Aang talking with Toph about her sandbending on the beach earlier, so decided that first scenario is happening. Before she could go and help Aang though, she saw him runing away from Zuko.

"What in the world are they doing?" she asked in general

"Zuko is attacking Aang" Katara yelled

"What?!"

But before they could do anything else, Aang fell to the ground rather hursh. Everyone rushed to him to see if he was ok, until Zuko landed beside them and Aria turned around to confront him

"What the hell are you doing?" she asked walking towards him

"What am I doing? What are you doing?! Sozin's commet is 2 days away and you are all here having beach parties!" he yelled

He was right, Aria knew it, but still he could just come up to their face and say it, not attack Aang out of nowhere. But when she was about to tell him just that she got interrupted by the avatar.

"W-well, I was kind off planning to fight the firelord after the commet. I am not ready. I need more time to master the elemnts if I fight hime now, I will lose." Aang explained

"Why didn't anyone tell me that you are going to wait?! You can't wait. My father's plan has to be stopped" Zuko exclaimed and proceeded to explain his father's plan.

Needless to say Aria was horrified. The Firelord, literaly, wanted to burn the whole world to the ground. She felt her bound loudly, her ears ringing and sweat breaking on her skin. This has to be a cruel joke. How will they stop that? 

"Ok Team Avatar is back!" she heard Sokka yelling breaking her train of thoughts

"Water, Earth, Fire, Air......fan and sword! We will defeat the Firelord" he continued

A smile broke on Aria's face. She had to handed it to Sokka, sometimes he knew exactly what to say even if it was on the comical side. They all gathered for a group hug, something that Aria did not know she needed until she got it. It wasn't just a hug, it was a reassurance that they had each othe's backs and that none will need to fight alone. Everyone needed it but one person didn't got it. 

Her eyes turned to Zuko who was just awkwardly standing a little further looking at them. Probably thinking if he was aloud to join them or not. Aria broke from the hug and went up to him, extending her hand.