Chapter 5

Two months have passed after Aria's acceptance of Lia's training. She has mastered the basic forms and way of breathing. She could make a decent enouph flame in the palms of her hands that she could light the small fireplace they had to cook food. Even though she was amazed that she could control the fire and she will never forget what it felt like to produce her own small spark of flame for the first time, she still felt like this was going really slow. 

Then again she didn't know the speed of the firebending lessons, so at first she did not say anything. 

It was another training session with Lia and she had Aria repeat the basics. Again and again and again. Aria stopped for a moment and looked at the pheonix who was standing a few meeters away from her. For a few seconds only the calming waves of the sea could be heard until Lia decided to break the silence.

"Is something the matter princess?". Aria has gotten used to Lia calling her princess, even though she never explained why she called her that and Aria never questioned it. So, she just went along with it. 

" I was just wondering...don't you think it's time to level up a little? I am doing the same things over and over again. Don't you think it's time to learn something more different?" Aria expressed the worry she had for the past two weeks 

"I understand your frustration but you have to understand that you need the basics. Unlike many firebenders you didn't start your training at a young age, so it's only natural for you to need more time to learn and perfect the basics." Lia explained patiently 

"I can see your point but I just want to learn something more advanced. " said Aria with hope that Lia would show her at least one move 

"Alright then how about this? I will show you three movements and if by the end of the week you can perform them with the same form and fire that I can make, then we level up our training, if not then we are back to the basics." Lia said and noticed Aria getting excited nodding her head enthousiastically.

"Alright then, observe carefully" Lia said going a few meters away from Aria so she could see what she was doing. 

Lia, for the first move, started gently moving her wings, one coming up above her head and the other in her front, and then she started gently moving them so they can form a half circle each while toghether forming a full circle of bright flames around her. For the second move,the pheonix brought both of her wings up and brought them slowly down to her mibble, then brought them close to her left side. Just then between her wings a small ball of fire was created, it circled around itself for a few seconds and when the bird extented its wings out it shot towards the sea, with the flames vanighing slowly and gently after a few moments. For the third and final movement, Lia extended her wings towards the sand and slowly raised them to the sky, while slowly bright flames came out of her gonden feathers. She then brought her wings towards her gathering the flames together and then shooting them towards the sea. 

Aria was captivated by the performance. She had never seen something so beautiful in her life. She wanted to be able to do that, ahe wanted to firebend like that. 

"So do you understand the movements or do you need me to show them again?" the bird asked 

"No, I think I get it" said Aria with confidence 

"Ok then it's your turn" Lia said flying a little further to give Aria more space.

Aria took a deep breath to calm herself and replayed the basics in her head. She proceeded in doing the first movement. Flames fromed in the tips of her fingers and folloewd her movements. It was not the same amount of fire as Lia but it was something. Everything was going well as she proceeded to make the second movement but when she gathered the small fire between her hands and was about to shot it towards the sea, the fire went out of control creating a small explasion causing Aria to lose balance and fall on her butt.

Lia sighed and lowerd down to her level " The problem with that is that you are trying to force it out, like you want to get reed of it as soon as possible. You shouldn't try getting the flames as far away from you as possible. You shouldn't be afraid of them, they are a part of you and you need to embrace them. Also, you don't have to be so aggresive." finished Lia as Aria started rising from the ground.

"And how do I do that?" Aria asked looking at Lia 

"That's something that you have to figure out by the end of this week" Lia smiled at her 

"Oh come on!" Aria whined as she looked at the bird

"It was our agreement, wasn't it?" Lia said cocking her head to he side

Aria sighed and nodded looking at the ground, trying to figure out ehat she did wrong. "Alright then, for the next 5 days there will be no training from my part. You have to find out on your own how to do the movements in the right way." Lia said while rising a little hire, preparing for her departure.

"Wait! Aren't you supposed to teach me the right way?" Aria almost yelled so the bird can hear her as it rose higher and higher

"Everyone has their own firebending style. It won't do any good if you just copy me. You know the basics and you are a smart girl you can figure it out. Giving you the answers is not going to help you. I will see you in 5 days princess!" Lia said as she took of desappearing in the night sky.

Aria, just stood there, staring into space. This is not gonna be easy at all. 

For the next five days Aria trained alone every afternoon after work so she can muster the movements. On the fourth day she was ready to give up. She didn't understand what she was doing wrong. She did them the way she saw Lia do it. She even spied on some guard training session on the palece, believing that seeing firebending again it would help her do better. Needless to say it did not work. 

Aria decided to give it one more try. She decided to focus on what she remembered from Lia's training because when she thought of how the guards firedended she became even more confused. So, she closed her eyes and took several deep breaths to calm herself. She then started remembering the way Lia moved. It was gentle, elegant with an insane control over the moves and the flames, like every move was rehearsed and studied over and over. But at the same time there was power in the movements, like they were ready to burn everything down but not just yet, the few seconds before they explode. Like the times you bottle up your emotions that they are ready to spill but you don't let it. Like the moments the sea creates huge waves in her deep waters but she doesn't let them completely destroy the beach. Like the calm before the storm and chaos.

So Aria decided to just do the movements without firebending. She started doing gentle movements, her hands and fingers completely relaxed, moving slowly around her. At the same time though her movements had power in them. The kind of power you underestimated. The kind of power which tricks you, like the wind when you think is just a breeze but when it hits you, you realize it was a strong gush of wind. And Aria was determind to create a tornado. 

Without realizing it bright flames started forming in her hands following her movements. So she opened her eyes and did the three movements that Lia showed her. She was so surprised with herself that she actually did it. She wasn't afraid anymore, she liked being around fire, she liked controlling it and she liked to create it. She started jumping around the beach happilly. She couldn't wait to show Lia.

The next evening Aria demonstrated the movements to Lia. The pheonix was very impressed and surprised. Aria looked at her with excited and hopeful eyes and Lia just smiled at her and said "Seems like you are ready for the next level in the firebending" and Aria wore the happiest smile ever since her dad was banished. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think of this one? I would like to know your thoughts !

Also, English is not my first language so if there are any mistakes please let me know so I can fix it! 

Thank you for reading !