Chapter 17

Aria woke up in the morning completely refreshed, since she had a proper sleep in months. She got up and opened the windows allowing the morning breeze enter her room. She had a shower and dressed herself in the new clothes she found on the edge of her bed, probably from Katara. A dark red, long, high-waist skirt, which was open on each side of her legs, the opening stoping just above her midthigh, a belt with a fabric attached in front reaching all the way down to her skirt, and a simple sort-sleeved shirt, with a wide opening in the front, leaving enouph room for movements and covering her perfectly, reaching just above where her skirt begun, with a pair black boots reaching a little lower from her knees and a pair of shorts for her to wear underneath her skirt. 

'Yep, definitely Katara' Aria thought with a smile, the style was very similar to Katara's. But Aria liked it, it was comfortable and elegant. She decided to make her hair into a fishbraid to keep it out of the way since it had become pretty long. She headed out to eat breakfast, finding only Katara and Suki there, the others probably still asleep.

"Good morning girls" Aria greeted them as she sat down 

"Good morning Aria, here have some breakfast" Katara offered and Aria thanked her taking the food with a smile.

"The others are still asleep?" Aria asked

"Aang and Zuko no, they just left to train with firebending" Suki explained

"Oh I see" Aria said in lower voice

"What's on your mind?" Suki asked her

"Oh I just think that I should probably start training soon since I have to get stronger to help you guys" Aria explained with a nervous smile, as the two girls looked at her confused

"When we were escaping and Azula tried to stop us, I just froze up. I couldn't move my body and I was afraid of attacking her. I don't want to feel that way again, especialy if we are going to fight her again." Aria said determined, and Suki and Katara smiled like proud mothers

"I can help you with your fan training if you want" Suki offered

"Thanks Suki, but I think I have to find my own style, try it with firebending too" Aria explained and Suki nodded her head understanding

After a little more conversation Aria decided to start her training. Sokka, Suki and Katara had gone to the market the day before since Suki and Aria needed new clothes and get rid of the prison ones. Suki decided to buy new fans for both of them since they didn't have any. Aria had thanked her and said that she would pay her back the first chance she gets, leading Suki to laugh it of and say that there is no need. Nevertheless, Aria was excited to try them out, hers was a little bigger than Suki's, hence they were bigger from the size she was used to but she could get used to them. And she had to admit, holding a real metal fan, that could cut her whole fingers if she wasn't careful, was a lot different from the makeshift ones they made in prison, adding a new thrill to them. 

Aria decided to go to the side of the temple for some peace so she could focus, but she was met with the avatar's training, and he was doing pretty good too. 

"Oh hey Aria, did you need something?" Aang asked her with a happy expression, a little out of breath from the training

"Oh sorry, I was just looking for a place to train" Aria said, already getting ready to leave

"Oh you can train with us, plus I might need a second opinion on my firebending" Aang said, completely unaware of the atmosphere between Aria and Zuko.

"Well um, I am not sure" Aria stuttered 

"Oh come on it will be fun" Aang pleaded, and Aria not being able to say no to Aang's pleading eyes, she cave in and agreed. Besides, she might be able to help the avatar mastering his fourth element.