𝟑. 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

"Is this a castle....." Sunoo parted his lips in awe as he rotated his whole body while walking with the others in the hallways lit with candlelit chandeliers.

"What a cliché situation I must say. Vampires and high schools are the most used and common cliché for a vampire teen romance. I'm looking out for cameras what if they're trying to make it as realistic as possible?" Jungwon spoke to himself out loud since he didn't believe any of this.

"There are cameras...look.." Heeseung pointed at the surveillance cameras plotted on every corner and midpoints of the castle hallways that turned around by themselves as they sensed motion.

"Aha! I told you!" Jungwon pointed at Heeseung with a satisfied smile earning a wide-eyed expression from the boy who stared at something over his shoulder making the boy look back hesitantly.

"Good evening lads." A boy with translucent pale skin that showed each one of his veins on his face greeted them and Jungwon let out a scream followed by Jay and Jake who noticed him as well.

"It's just makeup....guys it's just makeup..." Jungwon held his chest while trying to console himself.

"Sorry to scare you, young prince. I'd try some tanning if I could but I can't exactly...do that." He rubbed his chin while thinking of something. "Ah where are my manners....my name is Selay. I'm a member of the student council."

"Cliché number two. A pale guy who looks exactly like a vampire and has the signature black hair and amber eyes too." Jungwon thought out loud while scanning the boy's face up and he backed up his neck feeling uneasy from the distance.

"These lenses look very look realistic though.....and they forgot one main detail...you don't have any fangs." Jungwon talked to himself while back away gradually.

"Oh, that...." Selay chuckled. "We keep our fangs hidden during school hours. That's rule number 54 of the handbook of student conduct."

"You're just making that up aren't you?" Sohyeon eyed him with suspicion.

"No no....why would I do such a thing." The boy waved his hands in front of his chest. "There are a total of 600 rules. You'll have a hard time memorising them but hey we all learn gradually." He shrugged and placed his palm facing upwards in the air and a book appeared floating on his hand out of nowhere.

"This....can't be fake." Sunoo parted his lips in shock while Sohyeon snatched the book from him.

"How did you do this?! Answer me!" Sohyeon threatened the boy who furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"I'll take this from here." Another boy spoke from behind Selay and everyone fixated their eyes on the owner of the deep voice.

"I'll cut to the chase. No one else here knows that you came from the human world so follow our instructions for your safety." The boy spoke with disinterested eyes while having his hands in the pockets of his pants.

"Okay." Eunhae agreed and stepped ahead to follow him.

"We don't even know him!?" Jake protested as he followed the girl.

"My name is Nicholas. I'm the chief executive of the student council. This guy's my secretary." He explained and Selay laughed in embarrassment.

"So, let's suppose you're telling the truth....why aren't we supposed to tell the others that we're humans." Jungwon inquired as they took a turn into the main hallway.

"Because you're not." Nicholas stated perplexing all of them.

"All of you are vampires from the royal bloodline." He turned around making all of them stop.