𝟏𝟖. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐥

"You kids don't seem very pleased to see me. Is there something wrong with my face? I'm pretty sure that's not the case." The man conversed as the four had no idea how to react to his words.

"Who are you?" Heeseung questioned with a poker face.

"I suppose I should be the one asking this. Since you know...you're the ones in my territory." He replied while rubbing his chin.

"What kind of a sick fuckhead are you?" Jay's eyes expressed pure hatred towards the unknown man.

"My, I thought Lucas was good at teaching. I think he forgot to teach you young boys some manners." The man replied with a slight chuckle.

"You know Lucas?" Jungwon inquired.

"Who doesn't?" He answered with a shrug.

"Can you take us to your boss already?" Eunhae asked with unreadable eyes.

"Boss?" The man chuckled. "I consider no one my boss."

"Then who are you? Are you the one pulling the strings?" Eunhae questioned.

"Ah my self-introduction. If you insist. I'm Fraus. And I happen to be a true blood so you children owe me some respect." He introduced himself with a proud grin and his eyes shone with a red light.

"You're a vampire..?" Jungwon asked with disbelief.

"I suppose that is what I just said." Fraus rested his back on of the table corners with his arms crossed across his chest.

"You traitor." Jay gritted his teeth. "Why would you side with the enemy?"

"What is your definition of enemy? Do you really think the werewolves are the enemies? This isn't a teen novel. This is the real world. Open your eyes." Fraus answered.

"Why? Why woud you help the werewolves being a true blood yourself?" Eunhae questioned.

"Aren't you a little too curious about me future queen? Now I get it why he chose you...I can definitely see the resemblance." He squinted his eyes to focus on her features.

"What are you even talking about? Don't try to distract us. Answer her question." Heeseung demanded.

"I have all the liberty to not answer her question but since you are one of my kind, I'll do you a favor. I'm simply doing what I want. The werewolves are letting me do what the vampires weren't." Fraus explained.

"The vampires weren't letting you supply illegal blood of children to the royals?" Heeseung questioned.

"You're pretty quick. I like you. Why don't you stay with me here as my assistant?" The man proposed.

As the man was speaking Jay charged in Fraus' direction to through a punch at him but he vanished into thin air and appeared behind Jungwon.

"You're too slow young man." He smirked.
"There's no need of fighting with me because if you create a fuss down here, your friends along with you will be literally burnt to death. That is the penalty for vampires who lurk around. I'm pretty sure you're aware of that."

All of them suddenly felt light-headed as their vision fogged up by the moment.

"Take them upstairs." Fraus commanded his men who picked up their unconscious bodies.

▪︎♡▪︎

"I don't suppose they could be any more useful than that...." An unfamiliar voice spoke from the dark.

Jungwon groaned as he felt his consciousness regaining.
His friends beside him were also coming to their senses.

They were all seated in an outward circle with their hands and chest tied to the chairs and the only light that shone was above their heads leaving the rest of the area pitch dark.

"They are a perfect fit for the originals. I can't deny the uncanny resemblance." The other voice spoke.

"Fraus, what do you have to say against them." Another voice asked the man who stood in the spotlight at the very right of the unknown area of the room they were in.

"I have nothing against them my lord. They have trespassed unauthorized property and I think their penalty is obvious." Fraus answered.

"Lucas? What do you say?" The voice asked Lucas who stood on the left.

"My lords, the only right way is to put my plan in action. As you have seen for yourself, they are perfect to inherit the souls of the originals." Lucas replied.

"But what certainty do we have that they'll be capable to endure it? Afterall they're not professionals, they're just students with weak bodies." One of the voices argued.

"But my lord they're not. The reports I've provided you with prove that this group is extraordinary. The rest of the batch doesn't even compare." Lucas explained with a calm tone as usual.

"I see what you're implying. Yang Jungwon catches my eye to most. Just takes me back to the old days. I miss the young prince." A voice expressed sorrow mixed with joy.

"This proves my point. I suppose you've taken the girl as consideration for the queen as well." Lucas asked.

"I don't think there will be a need but we'll still look into it." A voice replied sternly.

Eunhae looked around trying to make out her surroundings but all she could feel was her head spin around like a merry-go-round.

"Are you guys okay?" Jungwon whispered and the three hummed in response.

A loud noise of whispering echoed in the place as the voices communicated with each other.

"The royal council has decided to nullify the penalty of Yang Jungwon, Park Jongseong, Lee Heeseung, and Kim Eunhae. And hereby nominates them along with, Min Sohyeon, Kim Sunoo, Park Sunghoon, Nishimura Riki, and Sim Jaeyun as inheriters of the souls of true bloods." The announcement was made with a loud thud of the court hammer.

Lucas gave a proud smirk to Fraus, who simply looked away in disgust.

____________________________________