𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞

The origin of vampires is unknown but some speculate it might date back to ever since the world existed.
Blood sucking monsters who evolved themselves to fit in the human world to survive.

Vampires aren't humans but a human can be a vampire. It's a pretty simple sentence but the process and mechanism is quite complex when it comes to humans becoming vampires.

There are two types of vampires. The first one being a pure vampire, also known as a True Blood. True Bloods are mostly connected to the royal family or are a part of it. The royal family decided to take in unfortunate humans into their shelter which created what we call Elites.

Elites are humans who leave their humanity to serve the purpose and mission of the great vampire king through which vampires gained an identity in the human world.

Eunhae and her friends are a part of the Elites. The bond they share is through the oath of blood.
An oath of blood is transfusing a vampires blood into a human's body. The human stays human, for instance, they can feel sensations like cold and hot, they bleed, they have human emotions, they eat normal food, they can be killed as well, they can also reproduce which gained a way for them to multiply without violence of forced conversions shown in silly movies.

The question here arises....
Who are Eunhae and her friends? Since they seem to belong to the human world and have normal human parents.
Then why are they here?

Going back to vampire reproduction.
True Bloods cannot reproduce. Instead they pass on their legacy onto children of the late Queen Lucy.
A true blood stays alive for pretty much of an eternity. Since they cannot die, they grow weary of existence and go into a state what humans term as depression. To cope with that, they sleep for a thousand years and the next thousand years they come into action.

The schedule of these true bloods overlap and almost 12-13 vampires are active at once. These active vampires govern the matters of all vampires. They are known as the Royal Council.

No one is allowed to see these vampires and only a few who are close to the royals have ever witnessed them. They're like lurking shadows in the dark who are always watching over everyone.

Then comes the werewolf empire which is closely knitted to the vampires since they share the same ancestry.
Werewolves are much more stronger and can blend into humans quite well since the sun doesn't do them any harm. This is one of the main reasons why they are deemed superior than vampires.

Werewolves can reproduce which leaves them no need of acquiring humans as their means of survival.
This is also one of the reasons why they find true bloods inferior to them.

There are two main events in the vampire and werewolf kingdom.
The blue moon and the red moon.

The blue moon is the source of a werewolf's strength and well-being. On the night of a blue moon, a werewolf is at the full extent of its power. Since werewolves are like humans in most aspects they heavily rely on the moon as their only source of power. If the moon is dim than the other nights, transforming becomes difficult and at nights where the moon is invisible or covered by clouds it is impossible to transform.

The red moon on the other hand signifies the celebration of vampires where they perform some specific rituals and enjoy the night while replenishing their powers to grow even stronger. The night of the red moon is the only time where werewolves are powerless against vampires.
The rays of the red moon drain all the powers out of a werewolf and leaves it as a mere human, if lucky, or simply ends in death.

The enmity these two share is neverending just like the thirst of a vampire for blood.
Blood is the most important factor in this world.
It isn't the life-source of vampires, they merely drink it because of their direful nature of finding pleasure in the demise of others and to keep the flesh of their body fresh (young).

A true blood's body can be damaged and to heal the wounds they need blood.
If the body is completely destroyed then they take onto another body of an elite which erases the sense of identity of the elite and creates a new identity merged with the true blood. This is why a true blood hypothetically never dies.
For this cause no one is allowed to see any of them so they might not be bodily harmed.

__________________________________