chapter 12

the next few days they pretended as if that weird moment at the beach didn't happen.

bailey didn't even know how to reject him.
no one rejects nate jacobs.
it wasn't that she was scared that he was going to hurt her if she rejected him. she knew he wasn't going to hurt her. it was just she didn't want it to be awkward between them.

after five days at the hotel that they spent drinking,playing beer pong,and swimming in the hotel pool,nate finally let bailey tell maddy where they were and tell maddy to drive there.

after a few hours,maddy finally got there (if you don't remember the hotel was three hours away from where they all live)

(if you don't remember the hotel was three hours away from where they all live)

she knocked at their door
bailey opened it and hugged maddy for a long time
"i missed you bitch"
maddy squealed.
bailey smiled.

nate walked in
maddy hugged him
"so why couldn't you tell me where you were nate"
"because i didn't want to"
he replied back with an attitude.
she rolled her eyes at him and threw her bag on the bed and sat with bailey.

she caught bailey up on all the drama going on in school since bailey hasn't been to school in a week.

nothing really new. kat was making money by turning on older men. cassie and mckay are like in love. and oh yeah rue is practically in love with jules.

when she told bailey that bailey looked away for a quick second.

jules? the girl nate is literally cat fishing? oh god.

now obviously maddy didn't know about the nate and jules situation and it was going to stay that way. but hearing jules' name was tough for bailey because she was feeling guilty. she knew what nate was doing and felt bad for jules but couldn't do anything about it because nate swore her to secrecy. which he's done to her many times before. but something about this felt different. nate tells bailey everything. but she could tell there was some information he was holding back when he told her about jules. bailey was thinking
maybe nate likes jules? maybe he's not just catfishing her for laughs.

bailey knew nothing about the fact that nates dad was fucking teenagers and young adults in a hotel 5 times a week. so she definitely didn't know that jules fucked nate's dad. nate knew though. kind of the reason he's doing this to her. but also he did almost get murdered by her at mckay's party. which bailey saved him from.

maddy didn't even realize that bailey turned away when she said jules' name.
she was too busy talking away.
nate was sitting there looking down.
discovering that he was pretty sure he had feelings for bailey and knew that bailey didn't feel the same way and even if she did,she wasn't gonna let them do anything because maddy is her best friend.

maddy eventually shut up
"soo did you meet any boys here bailey"
bailey laughed
"yeah right"
"girl you need to catch a dick"
bailey laughed and nate clenched his jaw
maddy saw nates face.
"what"
she asked him with an attitude.
"real great idea trying to get bailey to "catch a dick. i will not let her be a whore like you"
he snapped.
"oh whatever nate"
she rolled her eyes and laughed.
"let's go,i found an ulta on my way here,we're going"
maddy said and grabbed bailey's hand.
"nate you coming?"
maddy said.
(btw if you don't know what ulta is,it's a makeup store)
nate nodded his head
"no i'll stay here,i don't have the patience to be in a makeup store with maddy"
she stuck up her middle finger at him.
her and bailey left.

they got in maddy's car.

"you're never going to believe what happened"
bailey said.
maddy turned
"bitch tell me"
bailey laughed
"i literally got myself so caught up last night."
"what did you do"
"okay so me and nate were driving somewhere and he asked me if i was hungry and i said no and like he put the pieces together that i rarely eat and he like got all worried and now he kinda knows about the whole situation"
maddy looked at her
"i'm really sorry pretty. but you know nate cares about you. he's just gonna make sure you're okay. that's all he wants to do"
maddy said with sympathy.
bailey smiled
"i know,it just caught me off guard."
she said.
"when nate found out that i had issues with that too,it caught me off guard too. but he loves you and wants you to be healthy. don't worry."
they smiled at eachother.