chapter 29

as her and the rest of the team were stretching and warming up she couldn't stop thinking about nate. she was so scared of him. and it's never been like that between them. and all the sudden he's doing to her what he's been doing to maddy the last year. but she loves nate. and wasn't mad at him. she knew he didn't know how control himself. but what he was doing to her wasn't fair.

that night she looked into the mirror a saw a little bit of a bruise on her neck. it would probably be fine in the morning so she wasn't too worried about it. it hurt though. a lot.

the next two days everything was the same. she'd wake up next to nate and they were perfectly fine,as soon as they walked into school he wouldn't let her talk to anyone,some time during the day the two of them got into some altercation,then he'd bring her home from cheer,she'd shower,he'd pretend to apologize and tell her she's beautiful,and then get her to let him fuck her.

she'd pretend it didn't bother her. she'd let him do what he had to do because if she didn't he would freak the fuck out.

no one suspected anything. no one at school really noticed that he was being aggressive with her. but maddy. she noticed. but didn't say anything about it because she knew bailey would deny it and nate would probably just get even more mad and hurt her.

saturday night- carnival night.

bailey went to maddy's at some point in the afternoon so they could get ready with eachother. and nate had to go to his actual house with his parents so they could go together. that stupid chili cook off thing that his dad was obsessed with winning.

maddy and bailey wore the outfits maddy showed the other day.

they drove to the carnival together

when they got there nate was on the phone with maddy trying to find the girls.
he was at the wrong ferris wheel so he walked to where they were still yelling at maddy for no reason like usual.

"well how am i supposed to know that there's two fucking ferris wheels"
he yelled.
then he found the girls.
and gave them the worst "mad" look anyone could give.
"what the fuck are you two wearing"
bailey didn't say anything but knowing maddy she fought back.
"what"
"you look like a bunch of hookers"
he yelled.
"maddy my parents already don't like you and bailey you really let maddy pick your outfit out"
he said with an attitude.
"go home and come back looking like normal people"
he yelled and walked away.

maddy rolled her eyes "cmon bitch" she grabbed bailey's arm and bailey laughed and walked with her.

bailey saw cassie walk away from the chili booth looking very upset and nate was laughing like an asshole.

eventually maddy and bailey caught up to cassie. "you not having fun?" maddy asked. cassie shook her head no. bailey gave her a hug.

the next hour cassie, maddy and bailey just walked around. and then maddy asked them if they wanted to do molly.

bailey said yes because why tf not. and cassie did too.
so they did.
they were all laughing up a storm and were all jazzy.

then it was the time that the whole jacobs family was waiting for.
the announcement of the chili cookoff winners.

"the winner is the jacobs family"
everyone clapped.
and maddy pushed her way through everyone and walked up to the booth and the family.
bailey stood next to the side of the booth and watched everything unfold.

"apparently i'm not supposed to be here cause i'm dressed like a hooker
maddy said looking at nate
"but i just wanted to say congratulations"
she tipped the chili over.
bailey looked at nate who was trying to keep his cool.
but the next thing she knew maddy called nate's mom a cunt.

nate grabbed her by the arm and bailey ran after him.
"NATE LET GO OF HER"
she yelled.
nate let go of maddy's wrist.
turned around and yanked bailey very hard.
and threw her against a trailer.
he put his hand around her neck.
very hard this time. sure to leave a big bruise.
"who the fuck do you think you are? you're dressed like such a fucking slut. you're a whore do you know that"
he yelled at her.
maddy was trying to rip him off of her
but he wasn't moving.
"nate get off her her i mean it"
maddy yelled.
nate pushed maddy away.

"nate you never cared about the way she dressed. but now you're choking her over an outfit!?" maddy yelled to him. "maddy mind your fucking business and go away."he yelled. he stared at bailey and then let go of her neck. she fell next to maddy and maddy put her arms around bailey's head and hugged her as she cried.

nate walked away. "maddy i have to tell you som-
maddy cut her off. "bailey i already know" "w-what do you mean" she asked. "bailey i know about you and nate. i'm not stupid. he's always had a thing for you." bailey looked up. "and you're not mad?" she questioned. "i can't be mad at you. he's manipulative. and knows how to get what he wants. it's not your fault." she said.

it was confusing. like why wasn't she mad. but maddy knew deep down that this wasn't on bailey. it wasn't her fault. nate got what he wanted and it was at bailey's expense. she knew bailey would never purposely do anything to harm maddy.

"i noticed right away when he got aggressive with you." she said. bailey nodded. "i'm just really sorry i didn't tell you" bailey said. "bailey boo you know i love you. it's okay." bailey smiled and hugged her. she got up and they left. and went to maddy's house.

later that night nate texted her blowing up her phone.