chapter 32

it was nate.

he immediately put his arms out for her and hugged him and cried in his arms.

he kissed the top of her head.
after a 2 minute long hug they got in his truck.

he started driving
the ride was silent
but after a minute long drive he pulled his truck to the side of the road and turned to her.

"bailey i'm so fucking sorry"
a tear dropped from his eye
"nate it's okay"
he looked at her
"i'm so sorry for what i put you through today"
she hugged his head as he cried. she dropped a few tears into the top of his head.

he looked up
she smiled at him a little bit she wiped his tears
"i love you so much"
she said.
"i fucking love with bailey"
he said with a tear dripping down.
she put her head on his chest for a second
and then took it off.

he looked at her and started his truck.
he drove back on to the road

he drove them to the apartment
the whole ride was silent.
when they got back they both got out of the truck and slowly walked into their apartment.

when they walked in nate threw himself on the couch and she stood next to him

"nate it's okay"
she said as she watched him wipe his tears.
"NO BAILEY ITS NOT FUCKING OKAY"
she jumped a little and rubbed his back
he looked at her
"i'm sorry"
he said.
she comforted him as they cried together.
nate knew he fucked up and bailey was just so scared of what was going to happen.

later that night they were laying in his bed
as he started to make a move on her for sex .
she stopped him

"nate"
he looked up
"we can't keep doing this"
she started to cry
"we can't keep acting like nothing is happening and just keep fucking"
she cried.
"you need to figure out what you're feelings are for maddy. this isn't fair. to me or to you. but it's not fair to maddy at all"
he looked at her.

"bailey you know why i love you so much? because you're sweet. you're good at comforting me. you're so nice to everyone. and you always make my day light up. and i'm saying this to you now and i'll probably regret it. but bailey i'm in love with you. i want you. not maddy. i love her. but i don't want to be with her. she's not good for me. but you are."

she looked at him.
"nate"
he put his finger under her chin and lifted her head up
"i know you don't want to hurt maddy but-
she cut him off
"nate isn't just about maddy,it's just we can't do this and you know it"
"why not bailey"
"c-ca-cause i'm scared of you nate"
he looked down then back up
he nodded his head
"please bailey don't do this"
she started crying
"you can't just keep hurting me,hurting maddy. nate you're hurting yourself. and i hate seeing you this way"
he looked down
"and i know it's  not your fault and you don't mean any harm nate it's just,this just isn't right for us."
she said.
"well what are we gonna do"
he questioned her
"stop having sex. the more we have the more feelings we're gonna have for eachother. we need to be friends nate like we've always been. until you figure things out with maddy. and yourself. okay?"

"okay"
he said.

yet it wasn't okay for him. he wanted to be with bailey. and she just rejected him.

she nodded her head and got up.
and she went in her room.
as soon as she hit the pillow she couldn't control her tears.
they just kept coming out.

she had feelings for nate. but even though maddy said she's fine with it,it was hurting her. and bailey knew it.

she wasn't going to keep hurting her best friend for a boy who abused both of them.

ever since her and nate became a thing she stopped being as close with all her friends.
she missed bb
she missed kat
she missed cassie

and she didn't see them anymore. she's been so caught up with nate. he's manipulative. but she loved him. so fucking much. and has no way out of this.