Day off

꧁☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎꧂
🆈🅾︎🆄🆁 🅿︎🅾︎🆅

Today, I got a few days off since I got a flue. And my boss kinda scared if I have covid so, he gave me a few days off and ask me to have a checkup, just in case if I have covid. I-.. I actually touched when I heard that... cuz like, wow just because I have a flue, doesn't mean I have covid.. But hey- I don't need to worry about work for now!

I got up from bed and walk towards the bathroom to bath myself, obviously. After that, I go to the kitchen to make some toast. I also take a glass of tea and walk towards the living room that have a giant tv. Fun fact, the seller sold this tv with a quite cheap price! Since it is a giant tv with a cheap price, I will not lose this opportunity. So, I bought it.

Also, I live alone. My parents passed away 5 years ago when I first got my job. I also have a brother who is 8 years older than me and have his own family. He have two children, a boy and a girl. When I think about it, it's been awhile since I visit them. Not only an older brother, but also a little brother who is a year younger than me. And if you're wondering, I'm 20 and single.

I sit on the couch and open the tv. I open an anime called Attack on titan. I haven't watched the last season yet because of my work but I've finished reading the manga. So, I know what'll happen.

I press the remote and shove the toast into my mouth as the anime starts.

A few minutes into the anime, I heard the front door opened. Didn't I locked the door? I thought as I paused the tv and slowly turn my head around at the door. It is slightly opened.

(Fyi, the front door is at your left)

I got up from the couch and take the nearest thing so that I could defend myself which is.. a remote.. how tf can I use this to defend myself? I open the door and look outside. I look around.. no one.

"Hey."

"AAAAAAA!"

I shut my eyes and scream as I turn and hit the person with the remote that I'm holding. Well, it is now confirmed that remotes are useful for defence!

"Ouch! Wtf sis?!"

I open one of my eyes to see my little brother..

"Flynn?! Why didn't you knock the fucking door?!"

"Well, it's not my fault that the door is unlocked."

I glare at him as I fold my arms. That ain't cool bro. Not cool at all.

"Aww! C'mon! Don't you miss your wilttle bwotha???"

He said as he make a 'cute face'. Although for me, it looks freaking annoying.

"What do you want?"

"Hehe.. well.. I kinda wanna give ya a gift."

I raised a brow. A gift? As I remember, he's the one with the broke ass over here.

"What gift? A letter from the landlord asking for money?"

"No!"

"What is it then?"

He take out a box from his bag. He then gave me the box.

"Here."

I take the box and examine it.

"What do you want me to do with this box?"

"You remember right, that I go exploring this one wood a week ago with my friends?"