Chapter twenty-four: Letter

❝......❞- Means the start or the end of a character's thoughts

𝙔/𝙣'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

Today was the day, the day you and Levi go home. Levi's mom and uncle were going to visit in two days so you were excited. Even though your aunt begged you to stay for two more weeks you refused because you missed your small little apartment and you missed Levi's family.

Nora, Carl, and Nicole got you and Levi to the train station. You hugged Nora and felt a tear fall down her cheek

''Hey, it's okay! I promise I will visit'' You said

''I know, I know'' She said wiping her tear away

You hugged Nicole and Carl as well, when you looked at Nora, she was tightly hugging Levi. Then Carl gave a handshake to Levi and Nicole begged for Levi to pick her up and he did so and she put her tiny hands around Levi's neck and started to cry

''I don't want you to go away! You're my best friend'' She said

''Don't worry! We will visit soon, I promise'' He said trying to calm the small girl down

''Lev, I love you'' She said

''I love you too, kid'' He said back to her

You couldn't help but smile. You looked at Nora who was smiling and crying as well. Soon the train arrived and you got in. You sat down and looked out from the small window next to you. You looked out and saw your family waving their goodbyes. You and Levi both waved back.

''I'm going to miss them'' You said to Levi

''I didn't think that I would say this but I will too. I will miss Nicole the most. I have never met a kid so nice as her. She's just so cute'' He said

''Aww did the big, bad Levi grow a soft spot for Nicole?'' You teased

''And what if I did?''

After some time you and Levi got off of the train and called a cab to get you home. You got out of the cab and went upstairs when you opened the door, you saw a letter. You picked it up and quickly hid it in your pocket so Levi didn't notice. You unpacked your things and sat on the bed wondering who that letter was from. While Levi was taking a shower you quickly opened it and started reading it.

It read:

To my dear Y/N,

I know he said to leave you alone but I just had to say what I needed to say to you.

I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for ever hurting you. When you left I realized that I was nothing. That I meant nothing. The best thing was to wake up in the morning and see you-you next to me. I know what I have done and I know a simple 'sorry' isn't good enough.

I just wanted to say that I still love you and I always will. I just want you to be mine again. Y/N, what does he have that I don't? Is he more fit? Is he funnier? Is he more handsome? What? What is so special about Levi Ackerman? What does Levi Ackerman have that I don't?

Sincerely, Eren

This letter made you so angry. But one thing-it didn't surprise you. He still doesn't understand what he had done. You didn't want to give him satisfaction but you decided to write back.

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜

𝙀𝙧𝙚𝙣'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

The next morning I woke up with some girl beside me. I don't remember her name but I think it started with a D, I don't fucking know.

I don't feel the need to get a whore's name

I got out of bed and went to the kitchen. But then I saw something white lying on the floor. I picked it up and it said 'Eren' with beautifully written black letters. I opened it and saw a letter.

it read:

Eren

I never intended to write back but I just wanted to let you know the answer to your questions

You hurt me more than you will ever know. Both mentally and physically, you broke me down until I was nothing but a shell of a person I did not recognize. You knew I had Insecurities, but instead of helping me overcome them, you just fed the fire and watched me burn.

You knew I was weak and you preyed upon that. You called me names and swore at me. You manipulated and gaslighted me, making me feel like I was the crazy one. You lied to me and got me to do things I never thought I would do. You threatened my life and put me in dangerous situations on more than one occasion. You caused some of my darkest days and dragged me down to the depths of rock bottom.

At the time, I was too defeated and broken to see just how toxic our relationship was. Thankfully, I had people who cared about me enough to save me. They helped me see that what we had was far from love.

Fast forward, and it has now been three years since I got away from you. Although so much time has passed, sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday. For a while, I so desperately wanted an apology from you. I wanted you to admit the things you did to me. Knowing that apology would never come took a long time for me to come to terms with.

Some days are harder than others, but I am healing, and that is all I can ask for. I cannot go back in time and rewrite our story, but I can take what I learned from the trauma and make sure that it never happens again. I know now that I will never let someone talk to me the way you did. I know that no man has the right to ever lay a hand on me the way that you did. I know that It doesn't matter if it happens once or a million times—it is NEVER okay. I will never again stand by and let someone destroy my mind, body, and spirit the way you did.

And what is so special about Levi? I know Levi would never hurt me like this. I'm happy with him. He's the most amazing guy I know. Eren, you couldn't even clean the dust off his shoes.

You're a real piece of shit, Eren, and you will forever remain a piece of shit.

Block my number and never talk to me again

Y/N

As I read this I started to tear up. I never knew she heated me this much.

Maybe I am just a piece of shit.❞