𝟔𝟑

a/n: Cherry's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄━═☆

Charlotte took a deep breath, looking at her reflection in the mirror as she rubbed vaseline on her lips, trying to desperately erase everything about her...moment with Stefan two hours ago.

"You can't do that," She pulled away from him, using her hand to rub her lips as though cleaning them, "How dare you just kiss me..."

"Charlotte, I—"

Every word coming out of his mouth was making her hate herself and coming back in the very first place. She should have never thought about giving him a second chance ever. He wouldn't have used it the way she wanted him to.

She just needed a friend but apparently, Stefan needed something else at the time and Charlotte had had enough of being what everyone needs when they need her to be. No more, people work on themselves and their needs, they are not supposed to be her problems or responsibilities.

Charlotte cut him off, shaking her head, "You thought I was always going to be around, huh? That whatever happens between you and Elena, it won't matter? Why?" She chuckled humorlessly, shrugging her shoulders, "Because Charlotte is there! She is the backup!"

"You are not anyone's backup," Stefan shook his head, claiming.

"News flash, Stefan. I am not always going to be around. I won't be sitting here and dreaming about the day you think about coming back to me. I let go of that a while ago," She admitted, sucking in a deep breath, "I don't love you anymore and I don't want you in my life."

Charlotte backed away from him, turning to walk away, "So, just...take a hint."

Even if she lied and wasn't one hundred percent over Stefan, Charlotte had to accept that it's for the better. They were over in every possible meaning. Any other retracts or undeserved second chances would be a step down from all her work to become a better Charlotte Bernard and she wouldn't do anything to ruin that.

Now wasn't the time for Stefan or anyone else, it was for her. She needed her own attention and to work out a way to tell Elena about what happened.

Charlotte's phone rang as she descended the stairs of the empty Salvatore Boarding House, she picked it up, "Hey, Jer. Everything okay?"