It's 12 A.M?

A sudden noise bolted Percy from his sleep. He propped himself up with an elbow, lazily looking around before his eyes settled on the mysterious figure in the corner of his room. Hands instinctively reaching for Riptide, he shot up from the bed, ready to strike.

Heavy breathing echoed in the room. Percy slowly approached whatever monster snuck in. As he got closer, the faint glow of his sword allowed him to get a better view.

"Percy!" Nico gasped.

"Nico?" Percy exclaimed. He switched on the light, blinking for his eyes to adjust. He quickly capped his sword and offered his boyfriend a hand. "I, um, what are you doing here?" Percy looked at his digital clock; It was 12:07 a.m.

"I, um. I don't know?" Nico stuttered. He looked around Percy's room and his face quickly reddened. "Percy?" Nico whispered, pointing at his legs.

Percy looked down. He was only in his boxers.

He scrambled to get the shorts beside his drawer. He nervously laughed, avoiding Nico's eyes.

"Percy?" Sally asked from the other side of the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yes mom." Percy replied. Nico looked embarrassed. Why had he shadow traveled here?

"What was that noise?" Sally asked. "Are you ok-Nico? Hi honey, what are you doing here so late?"

"Ms. Jackson! I'm sorry, I think I may have accidentally shadow traveled here. I apologize. I'll leave now," Nico rambled.

"Oh. Don't worry, it's okay." She reassured him.

But it was too late, Nico had disappeared into the shadows, leaving both Sally and Percy extremely confused.

"Percy? Did Nico just shadow travel away? You know your boyfriend's always welcome here." Percy blushed. They had just started dating two months ago.

"Sally?" Paul yelled from the living room. "Honey, there's a kid passed out on the coach,"

"Nico?" Sally and Percy exclaimed in unison. They rushed out the room. Indeed, Nico had collapsed on the brown pillows.

"Percy? What's all this commotion?" Paul asked. Sally waited for his answer. Percy glanced at Nico then back at his parents. He chuckled.

"I don't even know honestly. I was sleeping peacefully and the next thing I know, Nico is in my room." They raised an eyebrow at him, then smiled at each other. "I mean, he looked confused as well. Maybe some shadow traveling accident? I know he's traveled to China by accident before," Percy explained. He probably panicked and ended up shadow traveling to the living room, Percy thought.

"Yeah, you've mentioned it before. So does he always pass out like this?" Sally asked. She looked worried but Percy assured her that this happened when Nico got exhausted. "Do you think some food would bring his energy back? Should I cook something for him?"

"No, don't worry mom. A long nap should do it." Percy looked fondly at Nico sleeping. Nico's expression was free of any worries when he slept. He looked relaxed but Percy knew he had to move him, otherwise, Nico would wake up with a stiff neck. "Mom, is it okay if he stays in my room for the night?"

"Yeah, of course."

"To be clear, I'll let him take the bed. I'll be sleeping on the floor." Percy clarified. His mom liked to tease him, and he was not going to turn into some tomato because he knew very well what his mother was thinking.

Sally laughed. "Yes sweetie. Good night, I love you."

"Love you guys. Goodnight." Percy said. Paul and his mother headed back to their room, quietly shutting the door behind them.