Your Hair Is Really Nice

"I'm..." Percy yelled, as he tossed his keys on the kitchen counter. "...home," he sighed, walking over to the couch, where a messy head of hair turned around to greet him.

"Hey Perce," Nico said. Percy bent down and wrapped his arms around him from behind. His head rested on Nico's shoulders and he examined the sketchbook in Nico's hands. On the page, there was a soft outline of a person sleeping.

"Ooh, what are you drawing?" Percy asked. Nico flinched back, laughing.

"Your breath tickles! I got goosebumps." Percy grinned and stood up straight, but Nico's arm reached for him. "It's fine, stay." he said, planting a feather-like kiss near Percy's temple. Percy resumed his position, one hand playing with the soft strands of hair on his boyfriend's head.

"I'm drawing you sleeping," he explained.

"Me? Thank you, but I don't think I'm a good model." Percy said.

"A good model? You sleep so peacefully and you don't move. You're definitely a good model," Nico said, a pencil in hand, going over his faint lines and adding sharp features.

Percy smiled at the compliment and loosened his arms, giving Nico more space to move. As he adjusted himself to feel comfortable, he noticed the bright purple band on his wrist. "So how did it go?" Nico asked. His mom had asked him to babysit Estelle for a few hours while she went on a date with Paul. Since they lived near each other, it was no hassle coming over and taking care of his sister.

"Good, I made some cookies for her and we played with her toys. Nothing much. What did you do?" He asked, watching as Nico skillfully added details to his clothes on his drawing.

"I took a nap. In fact, right when you came, I had gotten comfortable and started drawing." Percy retreated his arms and brushed his fingers through his boyfriend's hair. His fingers occasionally stopped to untangle the black strands, but he kept combing through the messy nest until the wavy curls fell neatly to touch Nico's shoulders.

"Your hair's getting longer, will you cut it?" Percy asked.

Nico looked over his shoulder before returning his focus back to his sketch. "It is getting longer. Maybe later."

"You can leave it like that if you want, it suits you. I like it."

"Maybe, but it's messy. Thanks for not ripping my scalp when you were brushing it, I didn't bother to since I had fallen asleep."

"You know I'm always gentle with you," Percy whispered.

"Stoppp, the whispering is giving me tingles." Nico said in a joking manner.

Percy let out a chuckle. "No, but maybe like this?" Percy said, grabbing the soft locks and imitating a ponytail. "Or..." He slid the hair tie off his arm.

"What?"

"A braid?"

"You know how to braid?" Nico asked. Percy rarely did anything to his hair, so he understood Nico's surprise. 

"Yeah, Estelle taught me today. She really wanted her hair in a braid, but since she couldn't do one on herself, she just got her doll and taught me."

"Aww, that's cute. Did you learn?"

"It's not too hard. The first time came out terribly, but I think I did good." Percy said, parting Nico's hair into three sections. Even though Nico's hair was longer than usual, it wasn't much to work with. However, as short as the braid may turn out, Percy wanted it to turn out nicely. They worked in silence, Percy listening to Nico's pencil strokes as he braided. He stopped midway, realizing he left a few strands hanging. Careful not to pull too hard, he started over.

The left side goes over the middle. The right side goes over the middle. Repeat.

As he reached the tips of Nico's hair, he gently tied the braid.

"Done," Percy said. Nico stopped and reached back to trace Percy's work. It was short and a bit crooked, but a decent job if he was honest.

"Thank you, my hair has been invading my neck area and it's annoying. I might just have you braid my hair everyday." Nico said.

"Sure, it's relaxing."

"Yeah, it gave me goosebumps on my arm."

"Ooh, my turn!" Percy said, jumping on the couch beside Nico.

"But your hair is too short and I can't braid."

"That's fine, being here is enough." Percy said, laying his head on Nico's lap. Nico placed his pencil and sketchbook beside him, and brushed his hands through Percy's hair.

"Cheesy," Nico replied. Percy closed his eyes and relished in the feeling. 

A/N I found this, didn't remember I had written it (I blame my terrible memory) and I was surprised to find it almost done, just a few grammatical errors here and there. Noice :D Gracias for reading!