1

You weren't quite sure what had happened. One minute you, Alba, and Ros had found the Demon King, the next you were in a jail cell.

I believe an explanation is due. You were good friends with Hero Number 45, Alba Frühling, and the Royal Soldier Ros. Mostly Ros, you had met Alba very recently on his quest. He annoyed you a bit, to be honest. He was a wimp in every way you could imagine. Ros, however...

"Dammit, dammit, dammit!" Alba tried to dig a hole in the floor with a rock.

"Give it a rest," you sighed.

"No! I can't...let it end here..." Tears formed in his eyes. "Somebody save me!"

"You mean us."

"I'm here to save you." A weird green creature peered out of a portal that came out of nowhere.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" Alba shouted.

"You're too loud!" The thing covered his mouth. "I've got my reasons for dressing like this, but..." Then he kicked him. "Sorry, I just couldn't help myself."

"Ros!" you exclaimed.

"You're that soldier, aren't you?" Alba gasped, rising to his feet.

"Indeed, I'm amazed you could tell. Must be our bond."

"Or the fact that only you
would beat him up," you added. He looked like he was about to beat you up too, then changed his mind.

"I don't even want to consider the possibility!" the hero whined. You rolled your eyes.

"Enough jokes, we're leaving through that hole." Ros pointed at the portal.

"Hole?" Alba leaned in to look, and you were both shoved through it.

"Ow!" You landed on top of him with a thud.

"Sorry," he muttered. "Hey, we're outside!" He turned his head. "The Demon King!"

"Oh no." You slid off of him slowly.

Ros popped back through the portal. "Yes, this is the Demon King's power, teleportation. She can make holes through space wherever she likes."

"Please take that ridiculous thing off," you sighed.

"By the way, if a human goes through one without wearing a suit, it cracks their ribs."

"AGH!" You and Alba dropped to your knees. "MOTHERFU-"

"Sorry, it was the only way," he shrugged.

"You're not sorry!" You scrambled to your feet.

"You're right, I'm not."

"If she would've dropped the charges, they would've just let me go!" Alba cried.

"Us," you corrected.

"But then you wouldn't have a criminal record!" he shouted.

"I don't want one!"

"We don't want one," you corrected him again.

"And what are you doing with the Demon King, anyway?!" Alba pointed at him accusingly. "She's trying to destroy the world!"

"Yeah!" you agreed.

"I'm not trying to destroy the world," the girl spoke up.

"What."

"It's true that my grandfather, the first Demon King, Rchimedes, was going though a slightly rebellious phase-"

"'Slightly rebellious'," you scoffed.

"-and earnestly tried to take over the world. But when my father took over, he tried to keep the human and demon worlds separate, and run a balanced and sensible government. Of course, I have too."

"Then who's behind the disasters that are occurring?" Alba looked completely lost, and you did too.

"Popcorn," the Demon King replied.

"Excuse me?" You became even more confused.

"I wanted to make some popcorn, but I accidentally made it in the monster-summoning pot. Monsters started popping out into the human world like popcorn."

"So it is your fault!" Alba looked ready to kill somebody.

"Stop it, Hero!" Ros thrust his arm in front of the Demon King. "Don't blame the Demon King! True, it may be her fault, but she's taking responsibility for it, and going on a journey all by herself to seal away the monsters! But then you stabbed her in the head and ripped off her clothes!"

"It was an accident!" you protested.

"Therefore, I have decided to help the Demon King!" It was a bit difficult to take Ros seriously while he was wearing that ridiculous outfit. "In the name of world peace!"

"Alright," Alba whimpered, "I'll help too."

"Same here!" You raised your hand. Hey, if Ros was up for it, you were too.

"Actually, what are all these moneybags?" He stopped cowering.

"Oh, I used the Demon King's power to raise money from the bank," Ros remarked off-handedly.

"That's robbery!"

"Another way to put it."

"How does that help world peace?!" Uh oh, Alba was getting angry again. You stepped back so you wouldn't be caught in the crossfire. Ros just laughed and ran off. "Get back here!" he yelled, chasing after him.

"Oh boy." You sat down against a rock and smiled. You'd never heard Ros laugh before, and you decided it was your new favorite sound.

"Try and catch me! Pueh, pueh!"

"What does 'pueh, pueh' mean?!"

Yep, you'd definitely fallen for the soldier.