10

"Gozaruzaru! Zaruzarugozaruzaru!" Janua laughed.

"Creepy!" Alba hid behind you again.

"Agreed." You backed away slowly.

"Ja-kun thinks that saying 'gozaru' makes him sound badass," Mii-chan explained.

"How? Why would it do that?" Alba peered around your shoulder.

"That's what you get for carelessly playing dodgeball," Ros sighed.

"Is that really our fault?!" You curled your hands into fists.

A blue-haired girl that had arrived with the suit of armor finally stood up. "Well, this makes it harder, but it's still six-on-two. It doesn't change the fact that you're at a disadvantage, loli granny."

"Ooh, burn." Alba peeked out again.

"Wait!" Mii-chan cried. "Ja-kun is just being controlled!"

"Yeah? Sucks to be him, then," the girl replied.

"You're really going to kill him, aren't you?!"

"As long as we got Janua, it doesn't matter how many of you there are-" the black tentacle on Zwei sneered.

"-as long as we've got Janua's magic," she finished.

"No! Don't use that magic in this world!" Ruki charged directly at her.

"Magic?" Mii-chan followed.

"Not ninjutsu?" Ros, the girl, and the armor went as well.

"I'll kill you!" he yelled, getting right in her face.

And then Ros, Ruki, Mii-chan, Janua, and Zwei vanished into thin air, leaving a shallow crater.

"ROS!" You grabbed the area where he once stood, eyes wide. "No!"

"What happened?" Alba whispered.

"Teleportation magic. They probably went to the castle, dammit." The blue-haired girl facepalmed. She turned to the armor. "Hime-chan, get ready to follow them."

"Right!" the armor, otherwise known as Hime-chan, nodded.

"Wait!" Alba protested. "What happened? They went to the castle? You were saying the king is behind this, but what does that mean?"

"1,000 years ago, the hero Creasion sacrificed himself to seal the Demon King Rchimedes in a dimensional rift," Foyfoy spoke up from his corner. "That stupid king wants to be like that; the king who created the legendary hero. He wants to be a legendary king."

"No way," Alba gasped. You were listening now, forgetting about Ros at the moment.

"He's working with the demons to bring back Rchimedes, so he can seal him himself."

"What are you talking about? Didn't Ruki summon the demons?"

"Think about it," Foyfoy urged. "She tried to make popcorn and accidentally used a demon-summoning pot? What's a pot that hasn't been used in 1,000 years doing in a place that someone could make such a mistake?"

"Maybe..." you began.

"Maybe because somebody used it and then didn't put it away?"

"No." Alba's jaw dropped.

"That's right, we've been use-" He tried standing up, then fell over on his face. "My leg's numb."

"I can't believe a story like that without proof!" the hero snapped.

"Show us some proof!" you demanded, still sitting in the crater.

"Proof?" Foyfoy turned to look at you. "There's Hime-sama."

"The armor?" You looked over to where she was standing.

"The king's daughter." The armor opened up, revealing a young blonde girl. "The princess."