Chapter 4

It was a grand space, to say the least; elongated ellipses of oak and a raw bark at the edge of each table. Standing in the entryway, I glance at all the four tables searching for my usual seat, and as if on cue, a hand flings up, in the crowd of chattering students, waving for me to come over. Scurrying to the Gryffindors table, I sit down at the edge of the bench as a cheerful voice beside me begins to speak. "Good Morning, Angitia" Harry says with such enthusiasm. "How did you sleep?"

I respond with a sigh, knowing that I haven't had a good sleep in a while. "Terrible", I answer flat out. "Pansy locked me out of my room last night so I was forced to sleep on that uncomfy leather couch. Not to mention, it was bloody brick since the fire wasn't enough to keep me warm."

I could see that Hermione was worried about me by the way she scrunched up her nose and urged me to move into her place, "You know, you can stay with me in my dorm, right? You don't have to keep dealing with those pesky Slytherins."

"I know that you're concerned but, I can handle them. It shouldn't be too difficult, right?" I jab a fork into a peppered Italian sausage and arranged it on my plate, maintaining-- to what I presume-- a calm tone.

I peek over to Ron to find him piling his plate with a variety of meat and stuffing it all in his mouth, like watching an animal devour its prey. He's too distracted by the divine smell of some good ole banger that he isn't even focusing on our conversation.

My attention returns to Hermione as she continues talking, "Okay...Is there anything new in Slytherin common room other than Pansy?"

"Not to my knowledge," I say as I bite into the sausage, searching for something that would satisfy their hunger for gossip.

Hermione widens her eyes and glares at Harry like she wanted him to tell me something and when he doesn't, Hermione articulates her words briskly, "Well, I overheard from the other Gryffindors, that those snakes were planning to pull one of their greatest pranks on someone from our year...and well we think that it's-its..."

Ron interrupts her, garbling out the words, "It's you".

Hermione quickly slaps his hand and looks back at me, reassuring me that nothing bad will happen.

Ron's blunt honesty reminded me that pretty much every Slytherin hates me. I gawk at him, astounded that he thinks that I'd fall for their frivolous antics.

And in that exact moment, I overhear raised voices on the far side of the room: the Slytherins table. "You see that girl sitting with the Gryffindors in our robes. I mean look at her, she's a disgrace to our house-- being friends with the enemies. I hope she gets what she deserves." Bollocks, what is it now? I've been through it all and I know that a jinx or a hex won't do anything to me. It's trivial and annoying, so much that it's getting a little boring at this point. 

Maybe I just won't respond. Maybe my problem might just go away on its own. Hopefully.

I lowered my head, hoping that no one heard what he said. Though by the looks of it, Hermione was furious to the core, like she was about to rip off his head for saying such atrocious things about me. Her hands ball into tight fists as she slams the table, spilling a little bit of my pumpkin juice.

Oh for f*cks sake, here we go...

Before I knew it, she was charging towards the other side of the room, with her wand in her hand, ready to attack.

"You rotten, little, repulsive vermin. So you think you're all that huh, PLEASE, share more why don't you!" she yells with her wand forcefully pointing at the boy. I could see that she was ready to hex him at any moment, and I was fine with it as long as I wasn't the one behind the wand.