Chapter 14

Skin dull and cold like the white sheets of the hospital bed; dark blue veins creeping along his arm, his heart is beating slowly yet, steadily. His shirt is still covered in the violent bright red blood, the buttons are not clipped together, letting me sneak a peek at the scar that is fading away with each minute.

I feel a range of emotions bursting through me like an explosion of helplessness, traumatized at the thought of 'what if'.

I didn't bring him here.

Some other Slytherins took him away after Snape fixed him up, carrying him all the way to the hospital wing. As much as I wanted to follow, I couldn't. I couldn't let Harry know of our secret affair. So I watched him leave my sight, deadly worried, pondering over his well-being.

Apparently, Moaning Myrtle had taken it upon her to pop up in every bathroom of the school to explain the story. Pansy Parkinson, Daphne and Astoria Greengrass, as well, as a couple of other girls overheard and rushed over to visit him. Although I may not like them, they're still good friends to Draco and I appreciate it greatly.

A few hours after the incident, I stopped by late at night to make sure no one knew that I was there.

I ease myself into the soft chair, grazing his icy hands, anticipating a reaction of some sort. "Angitia, you have to go. You can't stay here", the nurse says while snatching her purse, getting ready to take off for the day. "Go back to bed, you have classes early in the morning tomorrow".

"Please, Madam Pomfrey, he needs me. I can't leave him alone."

"I don't know..."

I give her my puppy eyes, pouting as my eyebrows furrows. "Alright, alright. Just make sure you owl me if anything bad happens, ok?"

I grin and mouth the words, "Thank you", just before she walked out the door. My attention flits back to his face.

His eyelashes flutter as he wakes up, gripping my hand harder. His eyes fling open and all I see are the lifeless, blank grey orbs as he gazes off to the ceiling. He twists his head towards me and whispers, "Darling?".

I chuckle softly, "Yes, it's me. How are you?"

"Better, now that you're here," he weakly slides to one side of the narrow bed and pats down to the empty area, next to him.

Seeking nothing more than to snuggle into the embrace of his body, I cautiously slip into the cot whilst peering at him. His features were indeed relaxed as he began to doze off, seemed less stressed, happier.

He draws the blanket over us, and pulls me closer to where our bodies are close enough to warm each other, arms tangling me inside, wishing that I could remain there forever. He kisses me on the cheek and sighs, "Thank you."

And that night, I fell asleep safely in his arms, understanding what it's like to be loved, even if we couldn't say it outloud.

---

The air has always been chilly up here in the astronomy tower. A chilling gust of wind blows through my coat and lifts a few of my stray hairs as I stare up to the sky.

The velvet veil of black stretched out in the night, and the fragmented, distorted shapes, are spawned by the stars against the darkness of the sky. White stars were alluring me to tilt my head upwards, observing the metallic hue splattering across the depths of the earth like the divine's precious platinum tears have been spilled. It ignited in the dark, and my worries disintegrated to ashes in the palm of my hand. The words, deceit, hate, loss—- almost wanders far away from me until reality comes flooding back in.