Chapter 16

"Wake up!"

Awakened by the grunt voice and the creaking of the cell door open, I stare off to the concrete ceiling, as my pupils gradually begin to focus on the dimly lit bulb. I am vaguely certain that my body is firm and stiff, exhausted from the constant struggle to escape.

As I lifted my chin up, I could see him, standing there with that same bored expression back when we weren't together. I didn't care, though. It was probably due to the fact that I was locked in here. I'm just glad that he finally came to help me out. I'm not alone anymore.

Even with the pain flowing through my body, I gather up my strength and run towards the blonde boy and with such intensity, I kiss him, wishing that he could just extinguish all of my misery from this bloody hellhole.

However it was different this time. It was neither passionate nor sweet. Almost like he didn't miss me or like he didn't feel the same.

He pulls off aggressively and wipes his mouth with disgust, scowling at me. "Don't you dare touch me again, you filthy Mudblood."

My eyes widened in awe as the boy in front of me was the same guy who gave me flowers every morning at the Black Lake or held me in his arms when I was upset but, whoever this was, is unknown to me.

"Draco...", I whisper in the silence. "What happened?"

His lack of eye contact should have warned me. It isn't normal for him to avert my gaze.

"What, Angitia? Isn't it obvious that I'm perfectly fine," he chuckles. "I actually overheard someone say that a certain classmate of mine was down here and I was curious to see who it could be. Now that I've seen, the Death Eaters did a marvelous job capturing a b*tch like you."

I bite my tongue, trying to prevent him from seeing me at my weakest point. "Draco, you don't mean that..."

"Ha, what do you know? You're just like those f*cking Gryffindors, attempting to fix everything they see. Of course, I mean it! You belong in the Dungeon for a life of torment, especially after what you did to my aunt."

I didn't realize that I was squeezing my hand so vigorously that my knuckles turned white, gnashing my jaw shut as I fought to stay quiet, his words evoking a hostility that was like burning acid, slashing through me.

"This isn't you!," I shout as my eyes are welling up, stinging from the resentment to cry. "You don't hate me!"

"Wow, even after six years, you're still f*cking stupid. I thought, at least by now, you might realize that even though you're a Slytherin, you will never be one of us. We're the heirs of Purebloods, we want nothing to do with you."

Once he saw damage in my sorrow- filled eyes, he never quit, yet struck harder each time he spoke, like a predator mocking its prey before it attacks. "Don't worry. This will all be over soon." He grins, face cold as ice and with no glimpse of mercy. "Though, you are dealing with Bellatrix, so perhaps you're better off dead".

Consuming tension slithers across my mind like a poisonous venom, hissing an invitation for unnecessary brutality. It was like a nuclear explosion; bloodlust smashing me backwards as the desire for vengeance swallows my rational thoughts.

My brows furrow as the stranger proceeded to taunt me. I wasn't going to let this slide.

"What is wrong with you?!" I asked, pushing his shoulder back. No reaction other than him being unimpressed. "You never treated me like this before, why now?"

A cynical sneer emerges on his flawless lips, as he leans down, his gaze directly into mine. "It must have been all an illusion because I do not remember any of that. Whatever you thought we had was all a lie."

"This," he continues, gesturing between himself and I, "cannot happen."

"But it already has!" I shout bitterly. Tears emerge, though it doesn't fall as I adjust my eyes. My tone grew in the silence. A slight remark whipped up a storm of sharp and slurred threats. The sacred war between us was expected, leaving our emotions wounded. I just didn't think it would happen now.

My fingers are fidgeting with each other, and I could sense my heart thrumming in my chest. "A lie?! Every minute that you've spent with me was everything but a lie! I saw the look in your eyes, you told me your deepest and darkest secrets, you told me that you wanted to be with me. How could that be a lie?!"

My skin flushes bright crimson from the righteous anger, and as he grabs onto my chin with such animosity, crushing my cheeks. "Well it is, what it is. You can pretend all you want--"

Each sentence pricked me further and further to where it could stab me in the heart. Any word that had been flouted was like fuel to my fire, my pulse quickens, and my eyes are fixed.

I opened my mouth, but my tears were falling too thickly down to his fingers. "But I love you!", I proclaim that my frustration and detest were taking full advantage of me.

He lets go, ashamed maybe, disappointed at himself.

I space out the gap between him and I as my volume shrinks, just to a murmur. "Don't you remember, Draco?", showing him my charm necklace, that wraps gently around my neck. "It has your initials...and you have mine."

His eyes widened for a second, glancing down to his wrist where a small heart pendant lays, before narrowing back to me in anger. "I don't need this." And he throws it on the ground, walking away.

In the darkness of the Dungeons with the only light coming from the cell, Draco disappears like the shadow he has become. I took our relationship for granted, when I knew that being with him was only going to cause my downfall, he warned me, and in my naivety I felt it was impenetrable. I wanted to grovel, apologize, get down on my knees and remind him that our love has value, but he was already out of the cell.

I scream after him as he leaves the room, stomping my feet, "Where are you going?! Do you enjoy watching me endure your emotional abuse?! Did you get a thrill when I cry and plead for your empathy?!" He was already gone, out of sight, though I kept bellowing. "Don't answer! I don't actually give a sh*t what you're about to say! I gave you love and you exploited it! F*ck you! F*ck you! F*ck you! " I collapse to my knees, clutching onto his charm bracelet, crying out all of my agony and whispering to myself, "You promised me forever..."

The fight was cold and strong. My love never died, it just was corrupted into a similar imitation of loathing. The relationship was never that strong to begin with, and now we'll never go back to as we once were.