Chapter 19

I'm back, back in the dreary, cold, gloomy corridors of the Malfoy manor.

Seventh year has finally begun, yet I'm not in Hogwarts nor with the Golden Trio. A lot of events have happened in this past year and as much as I want to forget it, I can't as it will be forever engraved into my memories.

Throughout July, I've spent my time in the Riddle house, managing to convince my father to not go back because after all, Harry still thinks that I'm locked up in the Dungeons. Eventually, he agreed, but with a condition: I had to come with him to a Death Eaters meeting. Lucky for me, it is located in the very place I didn't want to be, a place that I've escaped to only come back to. Great, just f*cking great.

The hallway is long and empty, dimly lit, and sophisticatedly decorated, with a large silver carpet covering most of the stone floor. The eyes of the painted portraits followed me as I searched for the conference room, hearing them murmur, "Isn't that the missing Muggle-born?"

I despised the eerie silence of the estate, as I couldn't stop reliving my flashbacks. I wanted nothing more than to listen to students chattering and laughing in the Great Hall.

Most of the discomfort was due, no doubt, to dread. Within time, I managed to stabilise my rapid heartbeat, forcing myself to stop overthinking and remembering that, I'm different now. I'm no longer the scared little girl who's always been neglected by the Slytherins or wouldn't dare to escape from the clutches of the Malfoys.

I'm sick of those Death Eaters and other Purebloods looking down at me. It's time to remind them who they're dealing with, for I am a Riddle and no one is to treat me this way.

"What are you f*cking doing here." A shadow emerges besides me and I spin instantly, my breath is trapped in my throat.

"Draco..."

"Bloody hell, aren't you quite a cocky b*stard. So, tell me, why did you come back? Did you miss me already?"

"No. I have business here", I respond, head down as I flattened out my elegant black dress, straightening myself.

"You", he spat out rudely, obviously appalled. "Shall I call for the Death Eaters to throw you back into the Dungeons."

"Just leave me be. Go back to whatever you were doing and I'll do the same."

"You see, that's a problem for me. After you left, people had to go searching for your missing arse and Barty was found with a dagger in his shoulder. Please, give me one good reason why I should let you go? I could just hand you over and all will be well with me."

"Yeah, you might be wrong about that", I say shifting my weight onto each foot, giving it my best to look as confident as possible.

"What--", I cut him off short by running away, praying that he wouldn't follow. Afterall, he was going to find out the truth sooner or later.

Drained from running for the past ten minutes, I halt at a heavy wooden door and turn the bronze handle, praying that this is the right place. 

The furniture that is covered with a dark green silky material, is pushed carelessly up against the wall. A decorated mantelpiece stands over the fireplace, holding up statues of ancient aristocrats. The room was filled with people sitting silently, at a long, ornate table, waiting for the Dark Lord to begin the meeting.

As my eyes grow accustomed to the faint light, I get a clearer look at the faces that surrounded me. At the head of the table, was my father, ash-white and snakelike. A few seats away from him was the woman I despised, recalling the moments she would carve horrendous words into my flesh. Next to her, was Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy, who doesn't seem to be as excited as Bellatrix, in fact appeared more terrified. They're perhaps there just for the sake of their status and let's be honest, they would never disobey he-who-must-not-be-named.