Chapter 20

August 1st, the happiest day for some people; feeling strong surges of love and making a life-changing decision in front of all the people they cherish the most.

Just wait till I ruin that.

Nighttime falls and I stand outside the great white tent, catching my breath as I know that the Golden Trio is here, alongside the rest of the Weasleys. It's supposed to be the greatest day for Bill and Fleur; they already vowed their love to each and were pronounced husband and wife.

The room oozed with an enthusiastic laughter, and the kids dashed between the tables in a friendly Muggle game of tag. As the newlyweds arrived, standing ovations were scattered around the venue and the bride and groom made their way to the dinner table, chatting and thanking the guests for coming. Bill leaned in for a peck on the cheek in the midst of talking to a few of their friends, whispering something into her ear, making her laugh. As upbeat music began playing, people were stepping onto the dance floor, enjoying the celebratorious day.

Luna was dancing with her father, waving her arms around her head like someone attempting to wack away some midges; Fred and George had disappeared off with some of Fleurs' cousins; In the corner, Charlie, Hagrid and another wizard were blaring out 'Odo the Hero'. Everyone looked content with the moment, that I didn't want to make it worse.

Entering with a slight push of the curtains, I wander through the crowd, looking for the 'Chosen One' and his friends. And I spot him, sitting with Mr. Doge, talking about who-knows-what. "Harry, may I speak to you for a second?", I urge.

He stares at me dumbfounded as if I was a ghost brought back alive. "A--Angitia?

"Please", I frown, holding out my hand for him to hold. He grapples on and I drag him outside. "Listen carefully to what I'm about to say."

"Angitia, are you okay? How? How did you escape? I saw them take you away. I would have helped you a lot sooner if I knew how. Wow, there is so much to talk about," he tackles me into a hug, clutching onto me. "I can't wait to tell the rest: Ron, Hermione, the twins, Luna, everyone will be so happy that you're back--"

"Harry," I cut him off, looking straight into his eyes as sincere as possible. "There will be an attack tonight. You need to get everyone out and safe, before people die."

"What?"

"Promise me, you won't hate me."

"I--I won't. Just tell me what happened?"

"The Death Eaters--"

Screams, from inside the tent, slices through my sentence. We rush in to see something large and silver come falling through the canopy over the dance floor. A glowing lynx lands lightly in the middle as heads turn, freezing in mid-dance. The Patronus speaks in a deep, loud voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt, "The Ministry has fallen. They are coming."

Guests were sprinting left and right; many were Disapparting, wands were out, shooting bright colors of red, blue, and green. My breath is fragmented, heaving and panting at the horrific sight. How could something so magnificent turn dark within a matter of seconds.

It's all happened in a flash. A hex flew past me, close enough where I could feel the breeze, missing me by inches.

I'm frantically searching for my best mates, praying that they're not injured. While looking, I blindly step over dead bodies, trying to ignore the corpses scattered across the once vibrant room.

I elbow my way across the dance floor, spotting Harry pushing his way through the crowd.

Memories flicker in my brain as I run, from becoming best friends in First Year, to the Death Eaters meeting, wishing that we could just go back to those days where our only worries were taking the finals or losing in a Quidditch match, but all of it seems irrelevant.

"Harry!", I called out, seizing his arm, half sobbing as I was almost trampled by a bunch of terrified guests.

"Oi, great work, Angitia", a hoarse voice, throatily crooned behind me. I twist around to find a large Death Eater, towering over me, cackling sinisterly. "Your Father, I mean the Dark Lord, will be very proud."

I glance back to Harry and witness his expression falter from relief in my company to discombobulated. "Angitia, y-you're-- tell me that he's wrong. Tell me!"

A vitriolic shriek arises from the other side of the venue, penetrating through the blaring sounds of the brutality surrounding us. Another soul is taken. I gasp, seeking for the deadly mask that has, no doubt, taken another life.

"Well go on, or shall I have the honor?", the man continues, his wand it out ready to bring Harry in.

"Was our friendship a lie?", Harry asks quietly over the noisy chaos, face blank and crippled.

"No, no, no, no! It was never a lie, Harry", I whisper desperately, my voice breaking as I see him giving up. "You promised me, you promised that you wouldn't hate me."

"How am I supposed to forgive something like this. You're the bloody daughter to he-who-must-not-be-named. You fooled everyone into thinking that you were one of us. You're no better than him," he points to the Death Eater. "We thought that you were our friend, that you were my friend. But, I guess we were wrong."

"I know," I sob. "I know that this is bad. Please, it's not what it looks like. You have to trust me."

"Aye, what is this nonsense?", the man nudges, suspicious that I may have switched sides.

I couldn't take it anymore; I whipped around, and raised my wand—a black dragon heartstring with two snakes twisting around—a perfect, admirable trajectory; aligned with his nose, just as my father had trained me. "Obliviate."

Harry stares at me, not knowing what to say, to comprehend who I'm actually working for. I had stalled the man's strike for a while and with that, I caught a hold of Harry's free arm, shaking it, "Gather Hermione and Ron. You need to get out here before they notice." He's still standing there, eyes widened. "Harry, please, go!"

"What about you!"

"Don't worry, I'll just say that this moron let you guys go. Just leave!"

He nods and I watch him hook onto the other two, as they vanish in a streak of light, away from the chaos.

"W-what happened?", the man wakes up from the ground, scratching his head, puzzled. "Where is the boy?!", now picking himself up and brushing off the dirt off his pants.

"You fool, you let them escape! What will I have to tell the Dark Lord?!"

"I'm sorry, your h-highness. Don't you worry, I will take full responsibility for my actions! Please, don't hurt me, my lady", his face turns into this ugly, blotchy red color, yellow teeth showing through his unusual pout.

"I cannot promise you anything. My father will have to deal with you."

"I understand, your highness", he bows down and leaves in a black fog. Many abandoned the venue as well, as the mission was not completed, and I was left in an empty room-- fire burning on the table, the canopy was destroyed, and all the guests either disappeared, captured or dead.

And it was all my fault.