Chapter 11

"Angitia, you can't spend the entire Christmas Break in Hogwarts. Come with us to the Burrows, it'll be fun!"

"I'm sorry, 'Mione, but I have an extra credit assignment for Slughorn that I cannot fail," I lie through my teeth, trying to create some sort of a justification for my absence.

"What do you mean?! He's not giving us any extra work! It's going to be Christmas for bloody sake!" she says with a suspicious tone, knowing that she has already finished all of homework even the ones due next month.

"Slughorn still hasn't forgiven me for my outburst, so he agreed to let me redeem myself...", I pout, attempting to appear agitated.

"Alright...make sure you owl me everyday," she responds, convinced that my alibi must be true.

Deep down I know, the extra credit has nothing to do with school, unless we're talking about a specific student.

People are embracing in farewells and are schlepping luggages through the narrow corridors. It's crowded and confined, though, I stay there to wish my friends a great holiday.

I watch them leave hastily, making sure that they don't miss their train that leaves in about an hour. Harry snares a brief wave with that foolish smile, and runs off, returning to his group while the rest continue to trample out of my view.

Releasing a heavy sigh, I was internally excited to celebrate this holiday with a special someone, who makes my thoughts turn to mush, who helps me forget about my past, who understands... me.

Perhaps this year, might just be the best Christmas I'll ever have.

Although it's December 24th and the actual holiday doesn't come until tomorrow, I've prepared a small sentiment gift for Draco. I'm afraid that I may come off too strong as he probably doesn't want to be in a full relationship with me because what if it was just a moment of weakness. What if he thought it over and decided that I'm not what he wants? What if--no, I cannot go down that path again. I'll be okay, I'm sure of it. He--he still likes me.

I've wrapped it in delicate papers, stamped with mini snowmans and snowflakes. The gift is right now hidden underneath my bed, safe away from Pansy since she has decided to go back home for the break.

With everyone gone, we can freely explore our feelings a little further, to a point where we can identify the meaning of our relationship. Nobody to rip us apart, nobody to tell us it's wrong. 

In the early morning, I finally get to see Draco at the Black Lake. He doesn't stand far away from me, anymore. No. He was right next to me for every second and with every kiss he offered me, I fell deeper and deeper into the hole of sanctity. He is the light at the end of my tunnel, and f*cking love it. So, yes, all we did in the morning was lay on the cool grass, enjoying each others' fine presence.

Everytime, he'd hold me tighter in his arms, my lungs expanded with briny air. He knew what effect he had on me, testing it out with perpetual teasing and playful banters.

His tone had a twang I knew so perfectly. Unbothered with a speck of humor.

One event led to another, and we found ourselves chasing each other around the lake, laughing and splashing the calm, serene water.

Whenever he caught me, he picked me with such ease, as if I was a delicate feather, and spun me around.

Merlin, I wanted to stay there, in that moment of freedom, of a place where no one could tell you your wrongs and rights. A place where there are no secrets to be kept. A place where there is just him and I.