Chapter 2: Shadows (OLD)

Posted on Monday, March 15th 2021. Word count: 3303

Edited on Tuesday, March 16th 2021. 12:59 PM

A/N play the Twilight Princess sound track for the best experience!

Y/N laid on her back trying to keep herself entertained, she had completely given up on sleeping. It was more uncomfortable than being alone on the streets. At least she had a few thing to keep her warm in her tent but now all there was cold and solid rock.

She sighed deeply and turned over putting her arms under her head as a make-shift pillow. 

The sound of water droplets falling from the plumbing making a loud splash every few seconds. Rats scuttled across the floors and the wind howling in distress.

"Will ever get any sleep..." she tossed and turned pulling her cape's hood down to cover any sort of light and keep it out of her sight. She laid to the side looking at the iron bars which blocked her path to freedom. Soon her eyelids became heavy and she closed them dozing off.

Loud footsteps echoed through the grimy halls awaking Y/N from her trance.

"I was just getting tired.. why did you have to wake me up-" Y/N expected a guard to but the one making the footsteps, but it wasn't any guard. It was the farthest thing from human.

A black creature crawling on all fours it's back hunching over. A large object covered its face almost like a mask. Long strands came out of its head like hair.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Y/N crawled the away from the monster screaming terror. Her eyes lost their luminescent glow becoming dark. She trembled hiding herself in her cloak shutting her eyes. "GET AWAY FROM ME!"

Y/N's eyes opened up slightly hoping it was just a bad dream. But, the monster did not disappear. it stayed staring at her as if watching her. She held her breath panicked about what would happen to her.

After a few long seconds the monster left going back where it came from.

"What.. what the hell was that?" As her conciseness grew she noticed small black rectangles coming up from the ground and disappearing as it reached the ceiling. "Did something happen when I was locked away.. it's as if Hyrule was invaded by monsters. And what what in name of Hylia are those black shapes!?" Her heart beat fast almost unable to keep up with her thoughts.

A shadow flew through the halls, Y/N jumped backwards knowing that it was some sort of monster. She leaned back against the wall trying to even out her breathing again. All of a sudden she heard a loud growling noise.

Curiosity came over her but she was still shaken. She wondered if it was the same terrifying creature but to her something felt less sinister about it. Then she heard a voice, it intrigued her and she leaned over putting her ear to the wall listening.

"I found you!" The voice said mischievously. Found who? Who did they find? Before Y/N could found out she saw black creatures scuttling across the stone floor. They were the size of a large rat and had long tentacles that grabbed onto Y/N's ankles.

She screamed trying to shake them off but they wouldn't let go. Y/N grabbed the black tentacle attempting to rip them away but it's grip didn't loosen. "HELP ME!" she screamed. She shut her eyes tightly.

Please help me, I'm scared.. I don't know what to do.

Somebody help me!

She opened her eyes astounded to see a large wolf with gray fur and white makings. Y/N eyes looked down to see a broken chain on its paw. Was it a prisoner too?