𝗧𝗪𝗢. 𝗢𝗛 𝗠𝗬 𝗚𝗢𝗦𝗛 𝗛𝗜 𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗟

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢: 𝗢𝗛 𝗠𝗬 𝗚𝗢𝗦𝗛 𝗛𝗜 𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗟

     INEZ had spent about a week with Steve and she had to say it was very enjoyable. She tried to help him get as reacquainted with the modern world as best as she could. It was pretty difficult, but she loved when she got to correct him when he was wrong. She knew that even if he told her that he was doing well since waking up from the ice, he wasn’t. She knew what it looked like when someone claimed they were coping well when they weren’t. She knew all too well.

She was currently sitting against the wall at a boxing gym while Steve punched a punching bag. While the man took his trauma out on the poor punching bag, Inez was writing a letter to the twins. She wanted to say everything she had to say for the past two weeks in this one letter so whichever poor owl had to deliver her letters didn’t have to make too many trips from America to Britain.

“Trouble sleeping?”

The new voice in the room startled the girl, causing her to let out a scream. Steve quickly turned to look at Inez before realizing she was just startled by the other person. He let out a breath before replying to the other man who happened to be Nick Fury.

“I slept for seventy years, sir. I think I had my fill.”

“Then you should be out celebrating, seeing the world, maybe take the kid shopping,” Fury spoke as he walked into the room.

Inez perked up at the mention of shopping before realizing that what she wanted to shop for couldn’t be found in the muggle world. She sighed before turning back to her letter she continued writing still listening in on the conversation that was going on between the two men.

She heard the men mention the name Stark which made her think of the bombings in Sokovia a long while back. Her father had gone to help the survivors and clean up the city. Her heart ached at the thought of her dad, but she tried to think of the good memories like how he was a good person and how he always did his best to make the world a better place for her. The name Loki brought her back to the conversation going on around her.

“Wait Loki as in the God of Mischief?” Inez spoke up as she knew that this would fascinate Fred and George.

“Yeah, that Loki,” Nick Fury replied to the girl before turning back to Steve. “He’s not from around here.”

Steve continued looking through the file that Fury had handed him when he first walked in. The man continued talking to Steve while Inez listened intently. She might get to help out on whatever this problem is if she played her cards right. Steve grabbed his things and motioned for Inez to follow him and Mr. Fury as the man continued explaining. The girl managed to toss her paper and pen into her bag and jugged to keep up with Steve who was walking out of the gym.

“Is there anything you can tell us about the Tesseract that we ought to know now?” Mr. Fury asked as he watched the two walk away.

“You should have left it in the ocean.”

•••

     STEVE and Inez were sitting on a quinjet on their way to meet Nick Fury. On the quinjet with them was an Agent named Phil Coulson who Inez immediately grew fond of. As soon as they got on the jet, Inez struck up a conversation with the man. They discussed multiple things while Phil tried to get the courage to talk to Steve.