𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡. 𝗜 𝗚𝗢𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗟𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡: 𝗜 𝗚𝗢𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗟𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥

     AN hour later Inez, along with Thor and the twins, made their way to Flourish and Blotts to meet up with Mrs. Weasley. There was a larger crowd around the store than Inez had ever seen outside of the store in her life. They barely managed to squeeze their way through to make it to Mrs. Weasley. Gilderoy Lockhart was signing copies of his books which happened to be the Defense Against the Dark Arts curriculum this school year. Inez stood there holding her new cat as she chatted with Thor and catching up on everything going on in the pair’s life recently.

After a few minutes Harry, Ron, and Hermione joined the group and shortly after Lockhart came out, a photographer took his picture for the Daily Prophet. The man stepped on Ron’s foot telling him to watch out and that he worked for the paper.

“Big deal,” Ron said as he turned his attention to his sore foot.

The author looked in the boy’s direction when he heard Ron’s words. Upon realizing that Harry Potter was standing in the bookstore, Lockhart jumped to his feet shouting about it being Harry Potter. As the man made his way to the boy, the crowd parted.

Lockhart pulled the messy haired boy to the front of the crowd causing the boy to turn a dark shade of red. One look and you could tell Harry was embarrassed. The man shook his hand as the photographer kept snapping photos which resulted in the smoke covering the Weasley’s and Inez.

“Ladies and gentlemen, what an extraordinary moment this is! The perfect moment for me to make a little announcement I’ve been sitting on for some time!” Lockhart began speaking to the occupants of the crowded bookstore. “When young Harry here stepped into Flourish and Blotts today, he only wanted to buy my autobiography, which I shall be happy to present him now, free of charge.”

The crowd began to applaud the man as most of them praised him. Others like Inez and the twins were applauding so that Mrs. Weasley wouldn’t scold them.

“He had no idea that he would shortly be getting much, much more than my book, Magical Me. He and his schoolmates will, in fact, be getting the real magical me. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have great pleasure and pride in announcing that this September, I will be taking up the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!”

Inez turned to Fred and George with a deadpan look. She muttered about giving the rich kid free stuff which caused the twins to snort. They loved Harry but he had enough money to buy the entire bookstore if he wanted yet he was the one getting free school stuff.

The crowd around them cheered at the announcement that the man had made. Harry quickly rushed away from the front of the room and moved towards Ginny. Passing his books to the redhead, he told her to keep them and he’d get his own. Inez felt the presence of someone else and turned to see a platinum blonde making his way towards Harry causing her to inwardly groan.

“Bet you loved that, didn’t you, Potter?” Draco Malfoy said as he sneered at the group. “Famous Harry Potter. Can’t even go into a bookshop without making the front page.”

“Leave him alone, he didn’t want all that!” Ginny said as she stepped in front of the blonde with a glare.

Malfoy chuckled as he teased Harry about having a girlfriend. Ron, Hermione, and Inez made their way towards the three with Thor following after the brunette girl. Inez was tired of the blonde boy and she had just stepped in front of him. Ron made a comment about Draco being surprised about seeing Harry which seemed to make Draco tick.

“Not as surprised as I am to see you in a shop, Weasley,” Draco sneered as he looked at the ginger. “I suppose your parents will go hungry for a month to pay for all those.”

Ron lunged at the blonde as his friends held him back. Inez shoved her way in front of the three after passing her cat to Hermione with Thor watching her carefully.

“Better be careful Malfoy. Wouldn’t want you getting another headache, now would we?” Inez said as she held up her hand, white energy swirling around her fingers.

The boy stared at her in shock as he processed what the girl had just said.

“You filthy half blood freak!” Malfoy spat as he stared at the girl.

This caught the attention of not just Thor but also Fred and George. The God marched up to the boy and tried to move Inez out of the way to get to Draco. The twins came up on either side of the side of Thor and glared at the blonde Slytherin.

“Lady Inez let me handle this,” Thor said as he stared at the boy with disgust. “If only I had my hammer with me. Guess I’ll have to use my fists.”

“I got this Uncle Thor. I know how to deal with little arseholes,” Inez said as used her powers to give the boy a headache. “Wait don’t tell Steve I said that.” 

Mr. Weasley quickly made his way over to the small group and began trying to usher his kids outside the store. Lucius Malfoy, Draco’s father, made his way over to them as well. He sneered at the redhead man as he rested his hands on his son’s shoulder.

“Busy time at the Ministry, I hear. All those raids, I hope they’re paying you overtime?” Mr. Malfoy said as he pulled out a secondhand book from Ginny’s cauldron. “Obviously not. Dear me, what’s the use of being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don’t even pay you well for it?”

Mr. Weasley flushed darker than his family’s hair as he stared daggers at the Malfoy. Inez wanted to punch the two blonde prats but knew better than to cause a scene.

“We have a very different idea of what disgraced the name of wizard, Malfoy,” Mr. Weasley spoke calmly as he tried to set a good example for his kids.

“Clearly.”

Lucius looked towards where Hermione’s parents were watching the scene unfold. Inez noticed and scoffed at the man who looked at her quickly before continuing to speak to Arthur.

“The company you keep, Weasley. And I thought your family could sink no lower.”

The man was cut off by Arthur throwing himself at the blonde man. Th stumbled backwards into a bookshelf and books began to fall onto them. Inez quickly put a protective shield around Mr. Weasley causing the books that hit it to fall onto Lucius.

Fred and George cheered their father on while Molly rushed over trying to get her husband to stop. Ron and Harry watched in shock especially at how quickly Inez had reacted and thrown up her shield.

Thor made his way over to the two men, pulling Arthur away from Lucius as Inez dropped her shield. The God grabbed the blonde man and pulled him towards the door. Lucius had been hit in the eye by a book while Arthur had a cut lip from his stumble.

“You, puny man, best leave now,” Thor said as he shoved Malfoy towards the door.  

The man scoffed before returning Ginny’s transfiguration book to her with yet another jab at the Weasley family. He gestured for Draco to follow him, the pair leaving the bookstore. Hagrid, who had walked in upon hearing the commotion began helping Mr. Weasley straighten his ropes while speaking.

“Yeh should’ve ignored him, Arthur. Rotten ter the core, the whole family, everyone knows that. No Malfoy’s worth listenin’ ter. Bad blood that’s what it is. Now come on, let’s get outta here.”

The group left the shop quickly as Mrs. Weasley began scolding her husband for starting a fight. After a bit, the group decided it was time to part. Inez took a few moments to say goodbye to Thor away from the group while the rest of them said goodbye to the Granger’s. Hermione had given Lady Loki to the twins to give to Inez when her and her parents parted from the family. Once they were all ready to go, they floo-ed back to the Burrow.