Chapter 1: The Field Trip

A/N: Hello fellow readers! Thank you for choosing to read this story, and just to let you all know this story has slow updates and I go by the movies, like in detail and stuff. So it'll be like you're really part of the movie. Some chapters might be long or short, it really depends. Hope you guys like the first official chapter of My Life Goal, enjoy!

Beep Beep Beep (​ *hits alarm clock repeatedly to shut off*)

Waking up is a normal thing to do. Some wake up at the crack of dawn for work, school, even for family. Not (Y/N) (L/N) or you in this case. You did it for your own safety and hunger.

Your home wasn't the safest if you could call it that. Your foster parents weren't even the nicest, if you could even put that in their vocabulary.

Waking up at the crack of dawn was a normal thing for you, sadly. Your normal routine was waking up, quietly getting ready for school, and getting the hell out of there before they woke up. From experience before you knew what to do, which shouldn't be a normal thing for a 15 year old girl.

Either way, you couldn't do anything about it but go through it like every 'home' you've been in. This would be her 12th home to be exact so you wouldn't be surprised if you were transferred again.

But things didn't go as planned this morning. Right as you were about to go and grab some food, footsteps were heard coming downstairs. You usually didn't have to face them until after school sometimes, but I guess today was different.

"Now where do you think you're going?"your foster mother threatened

"To school. I need to be there early, so I have to go-"as you tried to walk past her, since it was the only way out, she grabbed your arm. Harshly pulling you back in front of her.

"Not until you make us some food."she said pushing towards the fridge

"I can't. There is no food."you bluntly said, trying to find an escape past her

"Then what were you just eating then?"she asked, moving closer to you

"Some toast-"you began until you felt a hard smack against your cheek, making fall to the floor from the unexpected hit.

Even though you were used to the violence they did to you, they would come at you randomly to which you didn't see coming.

"We give you a roof to live under and you hog all the food? Disgraceful brat."she spat as she continued her punches and kicks

After analyzing the 'situation' you were in while dealing with few more hits, you found the right moment to grab her back leg. Pulling the leg up, making her fall back.

That's when you ran. Ignoring the rude and vulgar comments shouted to you.

Passing your foster dad who was barely awake to comprehend you running past him. Which was good since you didn't have to face him too.

After running out of the disgusting house you sadly live in, you make it far enough to walk. Luckily she didn't hurt you that bad to cause attention to yourself, which you hate but you still were sore.

That didn't matter to you at the moment though. Definitely not today. Your school was taking you and your class on a field trip. Specifically to a very famous Laboratory you've been wanting to work at. Ever since you went with your parents once, it was your dream.

All the inventions and discoveries they were working on amazed you. So you made that your goal.

So there you were, walking inside your dream job with the rest of your class. Looking around in amazement, and slightly ignoring the tour guide as you all walked around.

Soon you guys enter a space and time lab. (Don't know if labs are really labeled like that) The lab your father used to work at.

"And here is the Space and Time Laboratory. This is a specific area where our scientists work in studies of, well space and time. Right now, our scientists are working on the possibility of the multiverse. I know it may seem odd but there are things that need to be studied more into."the tour guide told them, letting you guys inside before telling them not to touch anything

"Over here is..."You tuned her out as you noticed some diplomas and pictures. Noticing the pictures of the scientists with her father and mother. Almost feeling tears come down from your eyes, you wiped them before they fell.

They were good people. To what you remembered at least. They were the kind of people that put others before themselves. That was one of the reasons why you loved them. Being like them was almost a rule to yourself. Put others before yourself, as long as there was a reason to. And that's what you always did whenever you had the chance.

As you were lost in thought looking at the photos, that's when it happened.

Two machines started to spark. Each machine had jobs to do. One to time travel and another for the multiverse.

Both of them sparking next to each other wasn't a good sign. Especially when someone was near it. And that someone was you.

"Get away from there!"a scientist yelled to you, but it was too late.

Both machines shot out a blue laser at you. Shooting to your head, it spreads all over your body. Making you shine like the blue laser. Then it stops.

But the only thing different was that you were gone.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Sorry if it seemed kinda rushed or anything, i'm still kinda new at this xreader writing. But I hope you continue reading My Life Goal! See you next chapter!