The Laughing Terrors- Fili, Kili and reader

A/N I'm so sorry for not posting anything for such a long time! Aside from other writing projects, there's recently there's been a lot of stuff going on, including loss of notes! But I think I'm back in the game now!

This was requested by WinterWolfSoul I hope it was worth the long wait!
_____________________

Since the time she was born they had been good friends. From the time she was a toddler they created chaos.

It was far too easy to get into trouble when Fili and Kili were your best friends. At least Fili made sure to fix whatever problems were caused. He didn't want to lose his friend because of a prank—no matter how much honey was involved.

And that's where they got their name; the Laughing Terrors, because their laughter would haunt whoever was their latest victim. Truly they didn't mean to give Lord Zirak nightmares about bees...

But alas, their terrorizing laughter did not last very long into adulthood. Y/N was still a commoner, and life had to catch up to her. And many things made it hard to laugh. But it wasn't completely gone. Especially not if two stubborn princes had a say. And they did.

* * * * * * *

The air was a myriad of color as the sun reflected off the satin streamers, clasped in the hands of the children of Dale. Kites sailed high in the sky, adding rich color to the city of men.

The old trio made their way down to Dale for the wonderful distraction it can give. Fili and Kili decided that Y/N needed some sunshine to brighten her spirits and Dale was a good city to find it, there's only so much sunlight that a mountain can provide.

Fili and Y/N had wandered into a small shop that sold many different things. The brothers had said they wanted to treat her, and told her to buy anything that she would like. So she decided to look around for thier sakes, not really wanting to spend their money. But just when she was reaching for a beautiful glass bead they heard Kili shouting in the street.

When they didn't immediately go out, Kili's calls became more frantic. It sounded as though he had found an orc and was caught without a weapon!... again.

They ran out of the shop and into the city square where they were sure they heard Kili's shouts. But he was nowhere to be seen. They started calling for him, voices rising as their nerves began to knit within their stomachs.

It wasn't long before they drew the attention of everyone in the square. Shortly after that screams were heard as people starting running past them. Fili and Y/N looked at each other; Fili motioned her towards the blacksmiths where her favored weapon could be found— she didn't bring her's.

Fili, hearing the approach of heavy boots, slowly took out his throwing knife, making sure he had his back to the creature. He put his head down and started walking forward. Hoping that the attacker would fall into his trap thinking that he was an easy mark.

He turned around, poised to throw the knife and it was... Thorin?

Kili was rolling around on the ground laughing himself into oblivion as Fili stood there staring at his his uncle in shocked horror. Y/N was stunned at first but soon her ribs began to hurt as her wheezing grew. It wasn't a pretty sight.

"Thorin!" She squeaked as said person boomed with laughter.

"It's good to see you Y/N!" Thorin laughed, "I've been sent by my sister to collect Fili and Kili for dinner. But you are more than welcome to join us."

She thought for a moment, they usually had the best foods and a fun time...

"If it's not too much trouble?"

"Nonsense!" Kili said as he swung his arm around her shoulders, "Mom always makes sure that there's always enough —well, unless Bombur's there. Then there's never enough." He added quite seriously.

Fili started shoving Kili and Y/N forward but soon stopped, turning to Thorin.

"Uncle? Why were you wearing an orc mask?"

Thorin winked back him. Then turned to help the poor merchant that had had his cart nocked over by two thirds of the laughing terrors. Grumbling his apologies.