Chapter 3

The feeling of getting literally run into hurt, a lot. My lungs screamed for the air that was knocked out of me, my back embraced the cold floor, a little sore from the impact. If I could only use one word to describe everything, it would be pain. 

I opened my eyes to see a girl looking down on me, her round eyes widened in panic as she held her hand out. 

"Are you okay? I'm really sorry for running into you like that. I wasn't paying attention." 

I grabbed her hand, the assist was definitely useful, though it didn't really make up for the pain.

"I'm fine, thank you miss. I wasn't paying attention either."

"Hey... aren't you—"

Before she could finish, I was already gone, desperate to avoid a conversation. 

Afterward, I found myself at a nearby convenience store. The selection was huge, though that was no surprise, I always preferred the convenience stories here compared to back home. 

While deciding what soda I wanted, someone bumped into me. Slightly annoyed, I turned around, only to find myself facing the same girl from earlier.

"Oh crap, I did it again!? I'm really sorry, not sure what's going on with me today." 

Though she seemed sincere, I couldn't help but feel like she followed me. 

"N- no, it's fine, really. Everyone just has those days, right?" I replied.

She sighed in relief. "I guess it's a good thing I ran into you, anyone else and I'd probably be screamed at."

"Anyways, I'm Kim Minju, it's nice to meet you." She did a polite bow, catching me off guard. "You really are fine, right? You didn't hit your head or anything?"

"I guess? It was just a fall," I said. "I'm Y/N, Park Y/N."

She tilted her head slightly, as if in thought. 

"Are you new?" She asked.

I looked at her, confused. What was with this girl?

"Oh, I meant as in are you a new resident? Haven't seen you around before," she clarified.

"Ah, yeah I am. The complex is really nice."

"I know, right? When I first moved in with my friends we were all like 'this place is too fancy for us.'"

"I was actually thinking the same thing. Well, it was nice to meet you, Minju-ssi."

I grabbed a soda and turned to leave, only to be stopped by her suddenly grabbing my hand.

"Actually! If you wouldn't mind, do you want to walk around? There's a park not far from here and since you're new, I could show you where everything is."

It almost felt like time stopped as I tried to process what she said. As nice as she was being, was this really necessary? This felt like the start of an unplanned kidnapping. Whatever her motive was, I couldn't deny that I did need someone to show me around. What's the worst that could happen?

"Uh... Yeah, sure! I guess I was going to do that anyways, it'd be nice to have some company."

Gonna be honest, agreeing to do this with a total stranger probably wasn't the best idea.

We paid for our drinks as we talked, eventually making it into the nearby park. It was small, perfect for walks, the breeze was wonderful, there weren't too many people around and it was only a few minutes away from the complex. I already knew I would be coming back here a lot.