Chapter 13

Against all odds, Jongin dragging the truth out of me actually ended up helping. It'd only been a few days since then and while the dreams haven't gone away, they definitely got a little more pleasant.

The sounds of classic video game intensity filled the apartment's living room while I spent my morning on hyung's console. Little by little I started to understand why he plays these games so much, it was fun. Mowing down hundreds of enemies like it's nothing? A pretty great distraction from the real world if you ask me, and that's exactly what I needed.

Unfortunately for me the doorbell rang, reminding me that yes, I was still in fact in the real world after all. 

Still in pajamas, I dragged myself to the door, maybe hyung ordered something online or whatever. No big deal. I opened it to find Yujin standing there, dressed in casual wear.

"You really aren't a morning person huh?" She asked, looking at my pajamas.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm standing in front of you wearing outside clothes, what do you think?" she said. 

"...It's so early in the morning Yujin," I said. "I'm not even fully awake yet."

"Oh come on, pleaaaaase?" she pleaded using her cute voice. "This is my one day off before promotions and I wanna spend it with you, you should feel lucky. Also, I feel bad cause we weren't able to meet up last Friday, and we definitely won't be able to this week."

As lazy as I felt to go out, it was hard to resist her charms. And when we're talking about distractions, her energy is about as good of a distraction as I could get.

Hesitantly, I stepped aside. "Fine, come in."

Her smile grew wider as she celebrated, gleefully walking in and going straight to the living room.

"No wonder why you didn't want to go out," she said, looking at the tv. "I guess you have video games in common with oppa."

"Just to pass the time," I replied. "Let me just freshen up, where are we going anyway?"

"I don't know, walk in the park, maybe some ice cream after," she said. "We'll see."

She winked at me, making me scoff. 

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit."

Choosing an outfit was strangely harder than I expected. Part of me felt like I wanted to impress her, but a voice was screaming in my head to just wear what I usually do. 

After taking a bath and (fortunately) choosing my usual outfit, I went back out to the living room.

"Hey! Nice outfit!" Yujin said.

"This is literally just my usual Yujin," I replied.

"I know, it suits you." She smiled.

Moving to turn off the console, thoughts ran through my head. Yujin was being... Weird, well, weirder than usual. I was no stranger to her infectious energy and general cheery demeanor, but the compliments, showing up out of nowhere and other stuff threw me off guard.

After a few more standard checks to make sure nothing was left on, we left.

"Come on, I want a soda," she said.

We went into the convenience store, the cold air blasting us (and more specifically, me) in the face. If that wasn't enough to wake me up, I don't know what is.

A sense of familiarity hit me as we looked through the cold drinks.

"You know, this is where I actually met Minju," I said. "I'm pretty sure she followed me here."