Chapter 8

As far as our weekend hangouts went, this one was by far the calmest. It had the same environment as usual, nighttime in an empty playground, but with the addition of a calming breeze that made sitting on the swings a lot more fun.

Yujin listened to me while I told her about my week in excruciating detail, mostly to mess with her. Though to my dismay, she was loving every second of it.

"You really enjoy your job, huh?" Yujin asked.

"What gave it away? Was it my smile? The shine in my eyes?" I replied sarcastically.

"No, stupid." She chuckled. "You just sound really happy."

"I guess part of me did miss this place a little," I said, looking down at the ground. "Makes me wonder if I should have left in the first place."

"Hey, chin up Y/N," she said, pushing my head back up. "You told me you didn't regret leaving."

"I know, and I really don't. It's just hard not to wonder what would have happened."

"Then think about it this way," she said. "If you stayed, you'd be exhausted from training instead of being here with your awesome friend."

"You mean you?"

"Of course," she said, smirking. "Who else?"

"Well, as far as I'm concerned you're nowhere near awesome," I teased.

She scoffed. "Keep that up and I'll start calling you oppa again."

"So you're gonna mess with me by showing me respect? Nice try."

She stuck her tongue out at me. This girl's confidence was off the charts. Though I had to admit it made hanging out with her more fun than it had any right to be.

"While we're on this topic," she said. "I do wonder what my life would be like if I wasn't an idol."

"Oh yeah?"

"Everything is just so busy as an idol," she said. "Every day is a different schedule, it can get tiring."

"How do you do it all anyway?" I asked. "I've always wondered how hyung was able to study and also train, but with you... you aren't even graduated yet and you're already an idol."

"I uh... I don't have to worry about that much," she said. "I dropped out."

I stopped swaying my seat around. "No way, you serious?"

"Yeah," she chuckled. "Makes me a lot less awesome now that you know, huh?"

"Are you kidding? Why the hell would you think that?"

"You gave up becoming an idol to finish your schooling, I did the opposite."

"Okay, so? We did the same thing."

"What do you mean?"

"We chose our dreams," I said, hitting her shoulder lightly. "It takes a lot of courage to do what you did. That just makes you even more awesome than you think."