Chapter 19

On the bright side, there weren't that many people around in the park. But that didn't mean I was any less anxious about the entire situation.

"You okay?" Yujin asked. "You look like you'd rather be anywhere else."

Well, couldn't argue with her on that one.

"No I don't, why do you think that?" 

She stared daggers at me, trying to get the truth out.

"Look..." I paused. "It's a little complicated, I'll tell you about it next time."

"Oh come on." She pouted. "Are you okay? Don't hide things from me Y/N."

My eyes glared at her, signaling that I was done with this conversation. 

"Alright fine, I'll drop it."

"Thank you."

"But that doesn't mean you're off the hook." She grinned, handing me her camera once more. "You'll be taking extra footage of me here as an apology."

"You know what? There are worse punishments in the world," I replied. "I promise I'll tell you about it. When I'm ready."

I should really stop making promises.

Yujin took me everywhere around the park, filming videos and taking pictures for so long that I was honestly impressed we hadn't managed to fill up the storage on her cameras. I didn't even realize that the sun had already started to set by the time she was deciding on what clips to keep.

"This is good... Man, this is good too!" She scratched her head in frustration. "How am I ever gonna finish this music video if I can't even choose which clips to use."

"Well, maybe we could start by sitting down?" I asked. "We've been standing still for like, a while now."

"No, that won't work," she said. "You know what? Let's go for a walk. I know just the place."

"And where is this place?"

She smirked. "I think you'll like it, follow me."

Yujin eagerly sprint-walked towards wherever her destination would be, occasionally looking back at me to make sure I hadn't fallen behind. It's a mystery how she still had so much energy even after all the work we'd done so far. My legs were just about ready to give up, but I was still motivated to keep going for her sake if not my own.

It would take a few more minutes, but we eventually reached her destination. The Han River Bridge.

"So uh... You sure we can walk here?" I asked, nervously staring at the bridge in front of me.

"Dude, you have eyes. There's a sidewalk right there." She pointed at the sidewalk, which to its credit was pretty wide, and it even had a protective fence.

"Yeah, but like... Do we need to go there?"

"No way." She smirked. "Park Y/N. Are you afraid of heights?"

"A little bit," I replied. "But it's not that. What if people see us?"

"I think people would be a biiiiit more focused on the road instead of some random teenagers on the side of a bridge, wouldn't you think?" She chuckled. "Besides, you don't have to be scared, I'll be with you every step of the way."

Unable to conjure a proper argument against her logic, I shrugged. "Alright then, let's go."

Yujin's persistence really could get the better of me sometimes, as I found myself instantly regretting my decision to go along with her idea. The cool breeze was oppressive, making sure I instantly got chills all around my body the moment we made it a few feet from the start of the bridge.