Chapter 6

True to his words, I found his Range Rover parked right across my house, waiting for me the next morning. There was no way of avoiding him now.

I felt him watching me as I crossed the road, heading toward his car. I opened the passenger door and rushed inside, avoiding his eyes at all cost as I waited for him to drive.

He didn't. He kept staring at me, so I had no choice but to face him.

"Morning." That undeniable smirk of his, it did wonders to his brightened sapphires. He had on that stupid cap again but this time it didn't hide half of his face like before.

I gave him a semblance of a smile and then faced the road. I was never a morning person, although I was mostly grumpy for having no sleep at all last night. My dreams and thoughts had been plagued by only one face, Nicholas Alessandro Camiloto.

"You look like you could use with coffee." He began the ignition and drove out of my block.

I tucked both of my hands into my school uniform blazer and played with the metal of my keys and buttons of my phone, a nervous reaction for some odd reason.

"I don't drink coffee." I told him, wondering exactly where he was driving, since he didn't even know which school I went to. Or did he?

"Well you should start." He said as he swerved the car, taking the route to town.

I shrugged to reply him but my look was distant. Did I look that bad? I thought I had at least scrubbed off the bags in my eyes. I never wore make-up for school, only for special occasions. So I must've been a sight to see.

Why did I care how I looked anyway? It wasn't like I wanted him to find me attractive, quite the opposite actually since last night. I still couldn't wipe that image out of my head. The way he had held me in that compromising position; our closeness, the blue of his eyes and the masculine scent of him.

STOP! I urged myself just in time to hear the car door shut close, equally reviving me.

He had stopped in front Starbucks and it was too late for me to stop him. I watched him as he pulled his cap further down to cover his face.

I snorted out loud.

I didn't even recognise him with and without the cap, what made him think others would? Or maybe it was just me that wasn't educated enough with the business world.

As I sat there waiting for him to return, I never wished I could drive any more than I did in those minutes. Why didn't I take my test before? Oh that's right. Laziness and lack of income.

I vowed to myself that by the end of week I would have at least applied for a provisional. Maybe getting drivers licence would've prevented this from happening to me right now. I would've used the excuse of using my sisters car even though I knew she would never let me.

He held two of those Starbucks cups and paper bag when he got out. Like a courteous gentleman he declared he wasn't, he held the door for a woman adorned in a business suit. I saw her grin at him, his irrefutable charm already working wonders. I saw her look back as if she recognised him but it was too late since he was already getting into the driver's seat next to me.

"2 caramel machiato and chocolate chips muffins for you and me." He said, turning to me and handing me one of the cups.

"No thanks." I gave the cup he held a disgusting look.

"Oh C'mon, you can't just dismiss it when you haven't tried it yet." His eyes were stern, hand insistent for me to take the cup.

"I told you I don't drink coffee."