Chapter 1

Copyright © 2014 by A. (Lia). Nkobi. All rights Reserved.

No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the permission in writing of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

This is a work of fiction, and none of the characters are intended to portray real people. Names, characters, places, incidents and dialogue are products of author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual people, living or dead, events or locales is entirely coincidental.

.............

Almost based on a true story. Ha-ha, not really this is just one of my crazy dream-turned-story. The girl character is like a version of what my subconscious thinks I am like in my dreams. Her name is not mine and her appearance definitely not how I look like. Her life not mine at all.

Of course I had to use most of my imagination to add extra information and some exaggeration because I don't really remember the dream in full detail.

So without further ado, Here is the Chapter 1.

..............

The day I met him, you'll probably say was the day my life took a destructive turn.

I was turning eighteen that day and I'd been dragged out of the comfort of my solace--my bedroom--by my best friend, Keysha, who thought I needed to get out more because I was finally an adult and we needed to "celebrate".

In truth the reason why I hid away in my room at this certain day was because I didn't want to accept it. I didn't feel like I was an adult. Hell, I still felt like that thirteen year old girl who loved nothing more than reading books, gorging on Nutella and fangirling in Tumblr or Twitter over fictional characters.

In truth, I hadn't changed a bit from that thirteen year old me.

And that was perceived as somewhat good and bad from the people in my life.

My sister and grandmother saw this as bad considering I was eighteen now and should be concentrating on planning my life. My school friends found it weird, since they were the going-out-type not the stay-at-home bookworm. My Tumblr and Twitter followers thought I was great.

But what mattered the most was what I thought of myself. What I wanted do with my life. That's why I was lounging in bed that morning, thinking of what my next step would be. That was until Keysha my outside-of-school best friend, came to drag me out.

It was afternoon and she was busy pulling me to clothing stores after clothings stores; getting me heels and outgoing clothes. I was reluctant with all the stuff she bought me but I accepted without complaint.

"Omigosh, you should change your outfit to this one!" She commanded me when we were at a public restrooms.

She took out the navy blue plume dress which had hugged my curves perfectly and accentuated my legs and thighs when I'd tried the dress on beforehand.

"What's wrong with what I am wearing?" I asked, staring longingly at my white tank top and black jeans.

"Arie, a lot of things are wrong with what you're wearing. We are going to a club later and I am sure they won't let you step a foot into any over 18 club looking like twelve year old." She stared at my outfit disgustedly.

"You didn't tell me we were going clubbing?" I started to panic. "I thought we were going to watch a movie and since when do you go clubbing? I thought you hated it."