Chapter 8

I jostled awake to a noise cluttering against my window. The time on my alarm clock read 2:33 in the morning. I flung out of my bed in disorientation to see what disturbed my peaceful sleep.

My window was wide opened. How that was even possible, I didn't know. Enforcing that it was shut close this time, I then turned only to be met with a dark figure advancing toward me. Before I could let out a screech of terror, a hand blocked my mouth and the familiar scent of sandal wood and body wash--Nicholas's scent--bombarded my nostrils.

"What are you doing here? How did you get in here?" I rasped, removing his hands from my mouth.

He ignored my inquisition as he backed me toward my bed. I fell on my butt. He leaned toward me, placing both of his hands on other side of me on the bed while kneeling down, giving me no time to catch my breath.

"What is it exactly that you think I want?" He asked me.

"What are you talking about?" I frowned, confused. My brain was still stagnant from sleep.

"Your text." He returned my frown, a glimmer of blue catching from the lamp light.

"Oh." It took me a while to process the fact that I had texted him hours ago and gave up when he failed to reply me.

"Yes. Oh." He waited for me to reply his initial question. "Well?"

My throat clogged. I was suddenly aware that I was alone in my bedroom, almost in the dark, with him. "Uh..."

"You're not allowed to hesitate now, Ariella. What is it?"

"My virginity." I answered automatically.

I watched the dilation of his pupils, his eyes entrapping mine in a heated gaze that rendered me motionless. My whole body bristled, suddenly aware he was too close for comfort. The heat emanating from his body was almost palpable.

"Did I give you that impression?" He asked. His expression unreadable.

"Um..." I swallowed, speechless. Still reeling from his sudden advance.

"Did I?" He pressed.

I flinched at his tone, my lower lip began quivering. "T-technically no."

His eyes slid down my lip, he wavered for a second as he stared at my mouth. "Then why are you so presumptuous." A hint of something was hidden in his anger.

"I don't trust you." My voice was barely a whisper as I stated my reason why.

"You should start. Now. I'm a pretty decent guy." I couldn't decipher his tone. He still trapped me in his position, eyes still glued on mine.

My eyebrows cocked at his statement. I refrained the urge to snort. "Decent? And you?"

He nodded, a shrewd smirk clouding his features.

"I find that extremely hard to believe."

"Well you shouldn't."

"How did you even get in my room?" I asked curious.

"The window." He cocked his was toward it.

"No way. How did you climb up--"

"Doesn't matter." He cut me off. "I am here anyway."

"What if I don't want you here?" I arched an eyebrow challenging him.

"I know you do." He suddenly drew even close as if there was more distance to cover. "You want me so bad."

The oxygen virtually left my lungs. I couldn't orient myself when I was just drowning in the pit of blue.

"Don't be so sure. I find you and your petty arrogance a nuisance." I husked.

"Admit it. You find me attractive."

"I don--"

He closed the small distance between us. My gasp drowned beneath my throat only a husky squeak escaped my lips. My eyes were trained at the lips centimetres away from mine. Barely touching. I was a frozen statue on the outside but inside was a ragging battle. My heart thundered in my ears, my blood coursing in every vain. Every nerve ending were tuned toward the man I wanted so badly to kiss at that moment. The suspense became so painful, I couldn't look anymore. I had to close my eyes.

"There's my answer." I heard him whisper and then felt him drawing away. I could sense his triumphant smirk.

Humiliation and disappointment hit me the hardest. I forced my eyes shut, refusing to open them. I knew I'd be met with his Highness Mr Cockiness.

Never in my life did I want to dissipate in thin air as I did that moment. I gritted my teeth as fury replaced pure mortification. When I opened my eyes, ready to retaliate I found him gone. Disappeared. Only silence met me.

Did I imagined that he was here?

No. His scent still hovered in my nose. How and when had he left? More like disappeared to?

I found my answer when I heard the screeching noise of car wheels and engine veering off into the distance.

I was still in a state of shock when the new phone he got me flashed and beeped. A new message. From Nicholas.

Tomorrow. 3pm sharp. Front entrance. I don't want to see you with anyone.

........

Apologies for the extremely short chapter.