Chapter-15

'I had been waiting for this day for so long. Today I go back home  after a long time, but as much as I wish to treat this visit like a vacation, unfortunately I have too much research to do, so I can't.'

*Sigh*

Navia sighed as she tied the bow of her grey dress. Navia had taken a black side bag with her. It contained her diary and a few other things she thought might be needed in her research.

'The first thing I need to do is ask my mother if she had seen a young girl with the duo before when they had moved here.'

~Navia's Home~

"How have you been mumma?"

"Vina, it has been so long since I saw you my baby come here. Tell me where have you been? How have you been? Have you been eating well?"

Navia chuckled a little due to the sudden outburst of questions she received from her mother.

"Mumma I've been doing well, I've been eating well and I just came back from Pallova."

"Pallova! You went to the capital, why? Did you do something?"

Navia's mother asked in horror.

"No! Mumma, why do you always think I did something wrong, do I look like a criminal to you?"

"No, Vina it's because I'm your mother and that's why I'm always worried about you."

"That's how a mother worries? Really?"

"You won't understand even if I tried to explain it to you. You'll only understand this feeling once you become a mother yourself."

"..."

"So, Vina please tell me you're back home for good and you don't have to go back to that mansion."

When Navia's mother asked her this question. It had caught her off gaurd.

'Does mumma know something about the duo or the mansion by any chance? I just hope she doesn't or else it will be difficult to go back to that mansion. I can't afford that happening not when I finally know how to make progress in my research on Katherine.'

"Wh-What do you mean by I don't have to go back to the mansion."

Navia said in a panicky voice as she followed her mothers eyes.

"Well they have been keeping you away from me, even though we all live in the same city, that's just not fair Vina."

Navia's mother said, jokingly pouting a little. On the other hand Navia felt like she finally got the oxygen she had been lacking for the past minute or two.

"Hey mumma I had to ask you something."

Navia carefully sat next to her mother on the dinning table. While her mother was busy chopping the vegetables for their supper.

"Um-hmm, go ahead dear."

"There are two things, firstly did you see a girl who used to live with the duo in the mansion when they first came to Arvania?"

"I'm sorry Vina, but unfortunately I'm unaware of this person you're inquiring about, but there is a woman who used to work at the mansion when the duo had come first come to live at that mansion."

"Really? Could you tell me where she lives?"

"I could, but, why are you asking? Do you suspect something sweetie."

"Hmm... Um mumma for the second thing, I need to tell you something."

"Yes?"

Navia's mother asked with a big smile plastered on her face.

"I-I won't be able to stay here after supper mumma. I have work to do, I only came to pay you a visit. I'm really sorry mumma but I promise the next time I come, I'll stay here for as long as want."

Navia said hoping her mother would understand, but, when she saw her mother's face, the sides of her lips had dropped down forming a deep frown. It was clear she did not want to understand and she couldn't be blamed. She would spend all her days alone in this big house and Navia would hardly have made any effort to stay and spend time with her.

"It's okay Vina, I understand."

Navia's mother tried to keep a strong presence but it was apparent how hurt she was when her voice became shaky. Though Navia couldn't see her expressions because she had already left the room.
After about an hour later Navia's mother called her to have supper with her. Both of them sat silently at the table and did not speak. So Navia decided to speak first.

"Are you still mad at me mumma?"

"I'm not mad at you Vina. I'm just a little hurt but I also understand that this is very important to you, that's why here."

She gave Navia a piece of paper with a map drawn on it.

"What's this."

"It's the directions to Marianne's house."

"Marianne?"

"Yes, she's the one who worked at the mansion when the duo had come to live in Arvania."

"Thank you so much mumma. You don't know how big of a help you are to me right now."

"Well if it's that big of a help, then hurry up and finish your work and come stay with me okay."

'I was so happy I just got up and hugged her from behind telling her how thankful I was. She just smiled and told me to quickly finish eating.'

~About two hours later~

'So this is where Marianne lives. It wasn't so difficult getting here, now was it?'

Navia thought to herself as she gasped for air. Apparently Marianne lived in a cottage secluded from rest of the Arvania on top of a small hill and she had to climb more than a hundred stairs to get here.

'I had never thought that this is how I'd realise how much I needed to excercise.'

"Excuse me. Do I know you?"

A voice came from behind Navia. Navia quickly turned around and looked at the lady standing behind her.

"Miss Marianne?"

"Yes, how may I help you?"