Chapter-1

Navia was sitting on a king sized bed in a victorian style room. The room had lavender coloured walls with a high celling, painted with haven and angels, the whole room was filled with furniture made of oak wood and rosewood painted in different hues of pastels and the bed was adorned with soft mattress and quilt covered by silk sheets, a true royal suite to be precise.

*Sigh*

'I clearly remember I had asked them to provide me with the simplest room in all of the mansion and if this was simple then I had no intentions of visiting the most luxurious one.
Getting used to the surroundings was more difficult than I had thought when I accepted their offer of staying in the mansion until the book was published and I did not argue since I understood their concerns regarding privacy.
The only good thing is that I was allowed to bring along all my essentials and any one precious item of mine, I had chosen the ovular mirror since it was the only thing that helped me relax in the new environment. I had placed it against the wall on the left hand side of the bed between the wordrobe and the dresser. It was ironic though it looked as much out of place as myself in that room fit for royalty.'

The girl began her day with her mundane activities the next day. She stood in front of the mirror tying her bangs with a pink bow and the rest of her long hair flowing down to her waist. Navia's eyes where honey brown in colour and had a spark in them that attracted people towards her. Her mother often feared that the fire in her eyes might consume her someday but her grandmother thought of it as her strength if she learned to control it. But today her eyes held concern in them since she had seen something that had scared her to no extent. Amongst all of the chaos in her head she hadn't noticed the maid who entered her room.

"Miss Navia..."

'The maid's monotone had startled me so much that I was very close to throwing my hairbrush at her a knocking her out. But I took a deep breathe and looked at her with a questioning look on my face.'

"Mistress Celina would like to see you in the library now."

"Thank you for letting me know but, could you tell me your name?"

"..."

"No? That's okay you don't have to forc_"

'While I wasn't done speaking yet the maid just bowed and left the room in a rush. I had noticed this since I came to the mansion that the people working her hardly spoke or smiled, they just worked endlessly and walked in strides in such a way that you would have to run if you wished to keep up with them.'

*15 minutes later*

'I made my way towards the library with my mind filled with the conversation I had had with Madam Celina while moving to the mansion. She spoke of her father and a certain oath that she claimed to hate from the bottom of her heart. It goes something like, This world has so much of sadness and pain that you, wish to hate it, but you selflessly keep loving it and cherishing it for she is your mother and you may never come to hate her and you too my child will live for her and die for her, for she owns your very existence and this is the least she asks of you; as her child. She told me she hated it so much because it held the truth to a certain extent and she did not like it, I wanted to say something at that moment but she beat me to it, she said she had hated them, all of his teachings, she hated them all, he was an emotionless and a cold hearted tyrant. I asked her if she hated him, her father, but she replied she never hated him but she never necessarily loved him either, she had never felt anything towards him. I felt bad and empty inside as I saw her leave the room and that was it, I wonder why she shared something like this but I was in no position to complain either. After taking a few turns I finally arrived in front of the library, I carefully pushed the door open and entered as quietly as possible but Madam Celina noticed me and slowly motioned  me to come in.'