Chapter three: Check-in day

Varian stood there completely shocked. He really didn't expect Repunzel to be there. Repunzel looked just as shocked. She was expecting Varian to come, which was the main reason she decided to tag along today. She wanted to see her old friend and hopefully earn his trust back, but she didn't expect him to look the way he did.

"V-Varian?" Repuzel asked, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Y-yes?" He replied coldly. Or at least he tried to. He stuttered and his voice cracked, but everyone could tell he was trying to have a cold-hearted villainous exterior.

"What happened to you?" Repunzel tried to sound calm, but she was on the verge of tears at the sight of her old friend.

"Prison happened to me." Varian said simply.

All of a sudden Varian felt like his legs were gonna give out. They felt weak. Varian didn't take his eyes off of Repunzel though. Even though Varian felt that his legs were shaking.

"Come on there has to be more than that Varian. How are you feeling?" Aerianna asked.

Varian opened his mouth to respond, but his legs gave out, and he collapsed. Repunzel got up and rushed over to try to help her friend, but two guards blocked her path.

"Hey! Let me help him!" Rapunzel cried.

"Sorry your majesty, but he's too dangerous." One of the guards said.

"Come on your majesty. Come sit down." Nigel said sweetly.

Varian was trying to glare at Nigel, but it ended up being more of a frightened stare. Two guards grabbed Varian's shoulders tightly. Varian winced as they hoisted him to his feet. His legs still felt weak.

"I think he should go directly to today's session after this. He seems like he really needs help." Nigel said like he cared about the poor teen.

Varian's head snapped up after he heard that. His gaze was full of fear and pain. Repunzel saw this and glanced towards her dad who immediately understood what she meant.

"I don't think that'll be necessary today Nigel. I think the boy needs rest." Freddrick said sternly.

Varian saw the whole thing and gave Rapunzel a thankful look. Varian suddenly felt very cold, and ill. Varian pushed it aside though.

"Well we're giving you one last chance. Is there anything you would like to say Varian?" Freddrick asked calmly.

Varian thought for a moment then decided to say one thing. He was still mad about his dad and the broken promise, but he still was aware of his grave mistake.

"I'm sorry." Varian said, almost inaudibly due to his weak voice.

The Royal family was astonished by his sentence. The guards took Varian away and Rapunzel looked at her parents.

"Something's wrong with Varian." Rapunzel said.

"How so?" Freddrick asked.

"He looked so pale and tired. And when Nigel talked about their sessions, Varian looked mortified. He is hiding something." Rapunzel said sadly.

"Hey honey it's ok. You can investigate it if you want." Aerianna said.

"Yeah. That would be great! Thanks mom!" Repubzel said excitedly. Then she left the throne room to talk to Flynn and Cass.