Chapter four: the plan

Eugene and Cass walk into Rapunzel's room.

"So Raps why did you call us in here?" Cass asks in her usual tone.

"Yeah. And why was it about Varian?" Eugene asks.

"It's because something is wrong with him." Rapunzel said.

"Yeah he's crazy!" Cass said.

"No. He looked awful and he was scared of Nigel." Rapunzel said.

"So what are we supposed to do about it?" Cass asked coldly.

"Yeah I'm not one to do this but, I agree with the queen of cold over here. What are we going to do about it?" Eugene asked sincerely.

"We try to earn his trust again." Repunzel says calmly.

"Ya, but Raps why would we do this? He tried to kill you!" Cass said.

"Because you didn't see his face. He was scared, scarred, weak, and he looked awful." Raps said sadly.

"Well ok. What if we all go visit him tomorrow? To see him in person. So we can make a plan to earn his trust." Eugene suggested.

"Ya, ya that's a good idea thanks Eugene." Raps said happily.

"Ya, but let's do it tomorrow. It's getting late." Cass said sternly.

"Ok goodnight guys." Raps said cheerfully.

"Goodnight" the others said in unison.

___The Next day___

Raps got up and imminently went to find her friends. When she found them they were eating breakfast.

"So are you excited blondie? Today we visit the kid who tried to take down the entire kingdom." Eugene asked.

"Yes actually. I'm sure he will be at least a little pleased to know that we haven't given up on him." Rapunzel said.

"I don't know Raps. He didn't seem too happy when you were in the throne room." Cass said.

"But what you don't know is he said 'i'm sorry' to me and my parents, that's a sign to me that he needs a friend." Rapunzel said.

"Hold up. The teenage hormonally unstable criminal said I'm sorry to the royal family he tried to kill?" Eugene asked.

"Yes. He did." Rapunzel said.

Eugene chuckled "wow. I never thought I'd live to see the day he said that to anyone." Eugene said.

"Ya, but he did." Cass said astonished.