Chapter eight: she...left

Varian had been in prison for three months now. That's right, three months. Three months of Rapunzel trying to become friends again, and three months of Nigel's tourture. And today was another check-in day. Varian sighed, he wouldn't admit it, but he was actually wanted to see Rapunzel.

"Come on your turn!" A guard yelled at Varian.

Varian just looked at the guard and said nothing. The guard came in, and grabbed the chain that links Varian to the wall and pulled him out of his cell.

The guard dragged the boy to the throne room. Varian was slow, but tried to keep up with the guard's pace. Once they got to the throne room, Arianna was the first to speak.

"Varian, how have you been?" She asked.

Varian looked up and saw that Rapunzel's throne was empty.

"Well Varian how are you?" Freddrick tried again.

"Where's Rapunzel?" Varian whispered.

"I'm sorry but what was that dear?" Adrianna asked.

"Where's Rapunzel?!" Varian yelled, his voice cracked a little from the strain though.

The king and queen exchanged glances.

"She decided to go on an adventure to follow the path if black rocks. She wants answers for all the craziness that's happened to her." Fredrick said calmly.

"She left me." Varian said to himself.

"But we're not here to talk about her. Varian, please talk to us." Adrianna stood up and walked over to Varian slowly.

Adrianna reached out to touch his shoulder, even though he was looking at the floor, he could see the movement out of the corner of his eye. Varain's head snapped up and he jumped back quickly, causing him to fall. But as he did this Adrianna could see the fear in his eyes. Varain had tears in his eyes, but he didn't notice them.

"Varian, what's going on? You've never done that before." Arianna said calmly as she knelt down in front of him.

Varian didn't answer, he just looked at Arianna. Fredrick snapped his figures, and two guards grabbed Varian's shoulders and dragged him away. Arianna just stared after him.

The guards threw Varian into his cell and reattached tolhe chain to the wall. Once they left Varian stood up. He went as far as he could to the other side of the cell and ran at the wall, smashing into it. He kept doing this and tears fell freely down his face. Ruddiger kept trying to get him to stop, but Varian just kept throwing himself at the wall.

"She left me! I should have never trusted her again! She left me behind!" Varian told himself as he cried.

Ruddiger bit Varian's pants and tried to pull him away from the wall, but his efforts were futile. Varian just wouldn't stop.

                                    A/N

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, i know it's sad right now, but trust me there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Please leave some comments! Anyways until next time Adios!😺