10

dream

George had been MIA for the past couple of days, leaving me slightly worried. He had seemed so bubbly on our brief call before my shower the other day, and then just disappeared.

"I don't know dude, maybe you should call him or something," Sapnap said, speaking up in the 7 hour call we'd been in. He had been in on my love for George since day 1, and he could tell something was up when I told him we fell asleep on call the last night.

I opened Twitch, ready to do a stream with Sapnap on my ALT account, only to see something that shocked me. George was live on the SMP seemingly with Quackity. I clicked on it.

"But how come Dream gets your number and not me?" I heard Quackity say.

"Because Dream wouldn't troll me as you would. Dream doesn't do that, Dream only calls me when he needs me when it's vital." George replied.

What was he on about, that was a lie. He didn't have his webcam on, but I could hear the same bubbly him I had heard the other day.

Surely, I should have been more confused, or upset that he had just ghosted me and immediately jumped back into streaming, but I wasn't. I was only glad I could hear him laugh.

"Hoehoggghh, vital huh Georgie? Wanna elaborate on that one?" Quackity spat on the other end. George had glided into that one.

I directed my mouse over to see that Quackity and George were sat in VC4, so before George could answer I left Sapnap and joined their call.

"Yeah Georgie," I mimicked. "Do you wanna elaborate?"

It probably took him by surprise that I had joined in, so he took a few seconds to answer.

"Ugh, you're so annoying, you know exactly what I mean." He replied, his British accent seemed particularly prominent. He sounded frustrated.

"Oh really, because if I know exactly what you mean then that is definitely something that you don't wanna bring up on stream." Quackity was pushing it a bit at this point, but I didn't care. I wanted to see how George would react – it would create conversation later.

"What do you mean! Dream just needs me sometimes! Nothing weird like that." He was losing the frustration and now sounded just more humiliated.

"Bullshit!" I chimed in. "Absolute bullshit! What do you mean 'I need you sometimes, am I missing something? You're the one that needs me."

"Dream! Enough, please." There was hurt in his voice this time. Subtle, but there.

I had pushed a bit too far, on a public stream, a bit too close to home for George. I immediately regretted it.

"Sorry, sorry."

"You guys should keep the couple's arguments hidden, please. And the sex of course." Quackity was ever annoying with his teasing. It did make me chuckle a little though.

"Quackity, stop! We aren't a couple!" George whined. It hurt a little.

"Oh come on now George, that's not what you said last night, is it now?" I was definitely crossing the line.

"Dream! What does that even mean?" He said, sounding frustrated again.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about Georgie! Now, do me a favor and don't ghost me for the next few days, huh?" With that, I left the call. I couldn't be bothered to get involved with the stream properly then.

"Sorry Sapnap, I'm back," I said, re-joining. "He's fucking streaming with Quackity after completely ignoring me for 3 days. I don't understand what's going on with him, he just won't talk to me. I don't know what to do. It's like one minute, he's all ready to open up and finally tell me what's wrong, but then he suddenly doesn't want to. I'm honestly wondering if nothings actually wrong, and he just doesn't care anymore."

Sapnap didn't respond for a few seconds. I was worried he was going to take it the wrong way.

"Maybe he doesn't." He finally said.

"W- what do you mean 'maybe he doesn't?" I couldn't figure out if Sapnap was being serious or not.

"Maybe we're too late. He's been acting like this for months - you know all distant and not bothered and shit. What if he really doesn't care anymore, and we've only just started doing something about it, but we're too late to fix it."

I still didn't understand what he was talking about. Of course, George cared.

"That doesn't make any sense. He cares." I replied, reassuring him, and myself.

"Come on dude. Take acrylic paint for example. You can't get it off anything once it's dried, but if you can keep it wet, you can get it off. George has already dried up." Sapnap explained, sounding a little burnt out. [I can smell the comments, stfu]

"Then how can we get him back..."

I had an uncontrollable shake in my legs. My voice was breaking, all wobbly and uncertain. It was almost as if I was about to break.

"I don't know man, I don't know." Sapnap was probably just as concerned as I was, but I ignored it.

"Then find out..." I choked back my emotions, knowing that if I did crack, there was no going back. "Please." I was past the point where I felt like I was about to blow my cover, now feeling the familiar pounding in my eyes that I felt whenever I suppressed my feelings this much. The migraine throbbed, it hurt. But not as much as it would hurt to tell George.

"I'm trying," He whispered to me.

WORD COUNT: 937

Ello squad. Sorry for the more infrequent updates, I've gone back to IRL school, so things are more busy. Idk when I'll upload this but I break up for Easter on the 25th, so much more frequent updates then. Love y'all. Big plans for the rest of this ff, just gotta build up.

VOTE PLZPLZ