Final Trial

Kai's POV

I run as fast as I possibly can through the maze. I go through numerous obstacles without getting hurt because only emo-jerk and Lloyd need to actually pass them. I'm only the prize and if I got hurt or killed than there would be no prize. The walls were a smooth sandy colour and went ten feet high so no chance for me to climb up. Also whenever I tried back tracking I found the route either blocked or changed in a different direction. Same with the walls because whenever I tried to mark something down they disappeared almost as soon as I was done.

I ran whenever I heard a sound and did not stick around to see what or who made the sound in question. After at least a half hour of running I sat down in the middle of a corridor and breathed deeply just exhausted from all the running. I know it would be better and easier for Lloyd if I just stayed in one place, but waiting makes me feel anxious, still though I decide to just sit patiently and wait.

..............

"I'm so Booooored," I drawled dramatically after thirty seconds. Not sure if I was trying to draw some attention or was just that bored I wanted to make noise, either way I felt like Jay saying that out loud.

I was not bored for long though because when I looked down the corridor I saw someone turn it and looked right at me with a wide grin, and it was not Lloyd. "Awww my desert flower," Imhotep said and began to walk over to me, but the floor suddenly disappeared except for the square where I was sitting. Sticks for swinging came out of the walls on both sides of me. Imhotep barely looked at them laughing instead with a laugh that chilled me too the bones. "Too easy," he said and with a flick of his hand and purple mist blocks of stone rose up one by one helping him across while I was trapped. I stood up panicking and backed up before I reached the edge of the stone block I was on and almost fell into the never ending dark hole below. I looked back at Imhotep who had the necklace out and I touched my neck rubbing it in fear as he got closer.

Looking around I quickly jumped and grabbed onto the bars grabbing ahold and swung up. "Delay it all you want love, but it is inevitable that this necklace shall hang around your neck," Imhotep said amused by my effort to get away from the self entiled asshole. I swung myself up onto the next bar and this time I grunted with effort pulling myself up and balancing on it. "Not happening," I said before jumping up high and managed to grab the edges of the walls top. "Get back here!" The pharaoh yells now trying to get to me at a faster pace. I got a rush of adrenaline and managed to push myself up and onto the walls top.

"No!" The pharaoh yelled and tries grabbing at me, but I just ran away from atop the mazes wall. Before I got too far though a blast by him knocks me over. I fell over on the other side of the wall and shook off the spell and got up before a pain flares in my arm and I suppress a whimper of pain realizing I had broken it when I fell, but it was better than my ankle.

I quickly get running again and once I thought I was far enough I allowed myself to look at my arm. It was my right arm and when I tried moving it a shock of pain went through me. Hathor said I did not need to do the obstacles, but she never said I could not be hurt just not killed.

"Kai!"

I looked up and saw Imhotep standing at the end of the corner smiling widely. Panicked I ran the other way. "Hey Kai! What are you doing come back!" I heard Imhotep yell. "Acting like Lloyd is not going to trick me you sand for brains!" I yelled at him. Imhotep was right behind me. "Kai it is me Lloyd!" Imhotep said desperately and I laughed. Who did this idiot think he was fooling because I'm not falling for that. "Your illusion magic is rusty," I taunted taking a sharp turn.

The sudden turn made Imhotep crashed in the wall and I laughed at the pain sound he made. "Ha! Serves you right you dumb undead wannabe ruler," I taunted him and Imhotep looked confused before something like realization dawned in his eyes. "Kai it is me Imhotep must have done something to you," Imhotep said and I rolled my eyes. "You must be getting desperate," I said. Seriously this guy was not fooling anyone.

"Kai," I turned to the voice and lit up seeing Lloyd at the end of the corridor. Without looking at Imhotep I ran towards Lloyd as fast as I could my arm in agony, but it's going to finally be over.

"No! Kai! Please I love you!" I took a moment and looked back at Imhotep looking at me desperately with something I haven't seen in his eyes, desperate love. Something flashed through my eyes and I think I saw Lloyd in Imhotep's place for just a second.

Confused I stopped running in the middle of the long corridor. "What? What's going on?" I rubbed my eyes confused. "Kai come to me," Lloyd said and I looked at him seeing him holding out the necklace. "Kai please listen," Imhotep said also holding out the bracelet. I feel so confused this is almost too much for me. A new path opens up in front of me and I bit my lip looking at them both. "Kai come here!" Lloyd began running at me while Imhotep yelled. "Kai run!" I looked at my paths and in a decision that was more instinct than actual thought I ran to Lloyd.

"No!" Imhotep yells when I reached Lloyd. "Finally we can settle this," Lloyd grins very un-Lloyd like as he holds up the necklace. Before he placed it over my head I used my uninjured hand and lit it on fire punching Lloyd in the face. He screams in pain staggering back and before my eyes his image flickers before revealing the real Imhotep. "Next time work on your Lloyd impressions," I stated to him tauntingly then turned to run towards the real Lloyd who ran towards me too looking relieved.

Just before I reached him though the ground under me fell and I plummeted with a scream. I landed in a bird styled cage and right on my ankle and I cried in pain as I felt in shatter and I fell over in pain. "Kai!" I looked up and saw Lloyd slide down the opening, but the cages roof came over my cage so he lands on top of it. "Lloyd! I'm so sorry for running away from you," I apologize to him. "It's okay Imhotep was using his magic are you okay?" Lloyd asks. "I think my arm and ankle are broken," I confessed and he sighed in frustration. "It's gonna be alright I promise. Now I just need to get you out of here," Lloyd said crawling to the side of the bars. I looked around and saw that we were suspended above the ground and there were some exit, or entry, ways. I saw one a wall a key and I pointed. "Lloyd over there!"

He looks in that direction and smiles. "Just hang tight I'll be back in a sec," he said jumping down and using airjitzu to slow the fall. "Really? Hang in there? You need to stop spending time with Jay," I yelled over to him and he laughs as he approached the key. Of course though it was not going to be that easy. When he reached to grab it the key started moving. He tries reaching for it again only to have the key move just out of his reach.

"Seriously? Of course I couldn't just grab the key," Lloyd groans. "Well I better make myself comfortable then," I said sitting down. "Hey Hathor? Can you heal my ankle and arm? Or at least give me a splint?" I asked. She appears next to me and said. "Sorry about that, but you should have been more careful," Hathor said and I rolled my eyes. "Can I just have a splint at least?" I asked. "Sorry dude can't interfere, but once it's over you should be healed. For now let's enjoy the drama bye," she said and left.

I rolled my eyes and watched as Lloyd kept trying to grab the moving key. "Hey Lloyd try asking for the key," I suggested. "Not helping Kai," Lloyd grumbles. As I waited around for him I saw from the corner of my eye some movement at one of the entryways. I looked and saw Imhotep standing there with a wicked grin.

"Finally," he said and used his magic jumping right onto the cage I was in. "Lloyd!" I yelled as the pharaoh started using a purple magic beam on the lock. Lloyd turns and his eyes widened seeing Imhotep there just as I heard the unlocking mechanism and the door swing opened. I backed into a corner as he came in holding the necklace up. "Let's settle this," he said sinisterly. I lifted my good hand to throw fire at him, but he grabbed my wrist and squeezed it painfully causing me to cry out in pain. I could not even lift my other arm and I could only uselessly struggle.

"Let's settle this," Imhotep said about to put the necklace over me when he was tackled. Lloyd and Imhotep were wrestling and both hit the ground as Lloyd wrestled to get him away. "You get away from him!" Lloyd yells at the pharaoh and grabbed at his necklace. "Get off me you meaningless brat!" Imhotep yelled and threw Lloyd off him banging him against the side of the cage having him drop the necklace.

I tried going over to him, but Imhotep grabbed me by my arm and the fallen necklace. "Remember this moment," he said to me sinisterly before placing the necklace over my head.