Chapter 10

"Mommy?" I ask.

"Yes, this is what we were asking you about. Have you ever heard of MDlg?" Hen asks.

At the shake of my head Karen takes over.

"It is a certain lifestyle that involves two or more people who feed off of each other's happiness. One or two, of the individuals takes pleasure in caring for the other(s). Like Hen and I, we like watching over people and helping them. And then, there are people like you my dear who deserve to be cherished and loved, and cared for by people like Hen and I." 

Gasping I jump up from the couch and face them, "Like me? You really mean it?"

"Yes," They say together.

"But why? I'm nothing special." I whisper more to myself than them.

Hen stands enveloping me in a hug and lifts my head to face her. Karen comes behind me and places her hands on my shoulders.

"Because you are the most beautiful perfect little girl anyone could ever want." Hen says leaning towards me kissing me tenderly.

Her lips encased me and her hand held my heart still beating. Her soul met mine as tongues clashed and hands moved. Moving away for air I looked up at Hen who stood panting above me and then Karen who was looking between the two of us with a fond look in her eye.

"You really mean it?" I ask.

"Yes." They answer together as if they where one.

"Okay," I answer in a wistful sigh.

I turn so that I am facing Karen throwing my arms around her neck I push myself towards her. The tears flow suddenly. I never thought I would be able to have something like this. Something sweet and vibrant, something that lifts me up instead of pushing me down. 

"Thank you," I whisper falling asleep in Karen's arms with Hen surrounding my back.

"No little one, Thank you for giving us a chance." Karen whispers.

Hen POV

Watching Karen lay Alexis down on the bed brushing the hair from her face brings a smile to my face. I think back to the night before when Karen had asked me what I thought about having Alexis as our little.

 "How about it baby?"  She asks finishing her little rant about why Alexis is perfect.

"You didn't really have to go on that long baby, I was planning on asking you tonight." I said smiling fondly. 

"I had my own list as well but on the very top of the list is how happy she makes us." I said reaching for her running my hand up and down her back.

 After that we talked about our plans for the future and how we are going to introduce Alexis to our life if she said yes.

Coming out of the spare bedroom Karen grabs my hand and pulled me to our room. Reaching around to grab her I run my hands over her shoulders and down her back. Pulling her to me I kiss her slowly moving my hands to her waist and tugging her closer. Kissing my way down her neck I run my nose along the dip in her throat.

My hands slowly work their way back up and start to unbutton her shirt. Slipping my hands underneath her shirt I feel the warmth of her underneath my fingertips. 

"God you're so beautiful." I whisper into her chest.

I don't know how I got so damned lucky a beautiful woman whom I love, and a cute as a button little girl. 

Running my hands up her body I push her shirt down her shoulders and follow my hands with a trail of kisses. Karen grips my shoulders and pulls me up towards her mouth as the shirt hits the floor. Smashing her lips to mine I push her to the bed running my hand down and unbuttoning her pants. 

Pulling myself back up I drag her lips back to mine.

"Nngh,  right there," Karen says as I suck a hickey on her neck.

Unhooking her bra and pulling down her arms I immediately latch onto her perky nipples. Nipping and tugging on them. Stopping my ministrations I  look back up at Karen's face thrown back in pleasure her hands gripping my shoulders.

A scream comes from the next room breaking our calm. Pushing up from the bed I run to the spare room and the sight before me breaks my heart.

Sitting in the corner of the room is Alexis holding her little koala. I walk slowly into the room with my hands up in sign of peace.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, please don't make me leave. Oh no, no, no please. I didn't mean to make you change your minds, I'm really sorry." Alexis says rocking back and forth hyperventilating. 

"Hey, nobody has changed their minds and nobody is mad at you. Look at me Alexis. Breathe with me, ready? Deep breath in, hold it 1, 2, 3. Deep breath out 1, 2, 3." We repeated this until she calmed down I walked closer and reached down to sit next to her.

"I'm sorry," She said leaning her head onto my shoulder.

"There's nothing to be sorry about little one, things like this happen. We will be here every time you need us for anything and everything. Okay love bug?" I say picking her up and placing her in my lap.

At her nod I pick her up and walk towards her bed. She grips my shirt and lays her head down on my chest.

"Could I maybe sleep in your room? I could sleep on the floor or outside the door? Please?" She asks.

"Baby, all you had to do was ask, and no you will not be sleeping on the floor or outside the bedroom you will be sleeping on the bed with us, no ifs ands or buts okay?" I ask looking down at her.

"Can Einstein come too?" She asks holding up her koala with a cute little smile on her face.

"Of course he can, now let's go." I say lifting her up and cradling her head to my shoulder.

When I walk into our room Karen is sitting on the edge of the bed with a knowing smile on her face. Everything is cleaned up and the blanket is pulled down so that we can get into bed easier. I smile at my beautiful wife and lean down towards the bed and drop Alexis onto the bed causing her to giggle.

"Alright you let's get to bed okay?" Karen says leaning over Alexis and tickling her sides causing her to erupt in a fit of beautiful laughs.

"Otay," She says sliding into the middle of the bed and pulling Einstein to her chest.

I walk back to the wall and flip off the light before walking back to the bed and crawling in. I turn onto my side and scoot in closer to Alexis cuddling into her side and look across her to Karen who has a smile that stretches across her whole face. 

Stretching my arm across Alexis I take hold of Karen's hand and lay my head down nuzzling into Alexis' hair. And not for the first and hopefully not for the last time, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.