New student- part one

So I decided to make this a three part story? Is that a good idea?

New school + Middle of the term = not a great combination. However, my mum seemed to think this was a great idea. It was not.

I hate standing out. I'm more of a keep-to-myself-and-blend-in-with-the-crowd kind of person. So when my mum told me I was moving in the middle of the term, you can imagine my reaction. I freaked out and didn't talk to her for a week.

But then the day came when I had to suck it up and deal with the change. 

As I walked into my first class, I felt all eyes on me. I heard the whispers of the confused students who were obviously not told about me. I saw the judge mental looks and I gave them back. 

"And who are you?" the teacher asked me.

"I'm Y/n. I've just moved schools and I was told by reception that this was my first class?" I told the confused teacher. Then she seemed to remember and told me to find a seat. So I took the sheet and headed off to the back of the room. As I sat down, I thanked God that the chair next to me was empty. Well it was until a boy came in five minutes later and sat down.

He seemed confused and whispered to his friend in front. They both looked at me as they talked. Then the guy in front turned back around and the boy spun round to face me.

"so you're new?" he asked, smiling. I couldn't tell if the smile was genuine so I decided to keep my guard up for now.

"Well...yes I am new," i responded.

"And what's your name? Or is new your name?" he said, laughing ot himself at the terrible attempt of a joke. Oh he reminded me of my dad.

"Oh very funny. And no, my name is Y/n"

"Would you like to know mine?" he asked, eyebrows raised.

"Not really. I've already given you a name. A lot of them actually." I said and he laughed.

"Well I'm Hayes, nice to meet you Y/n. i've got a feeling I'm going to like sitting next to you."