'The Worst Day of Y/n's Life'

A/n: It's been a long while since I've updated this book, time to fix that, I hope I got some stuff right about NYC in the previous chapter.
_________________________________________

One field trip.

One field trip and Y/n's life was forever changed. Without consent, too. This took place over two years ago. It was before Y/n had become Arachno.

Before his life turned upside down.

It started out as a regular Tuesday, Y/n gets out of bed with zero energy, changes and gets himself cleaned up, and goes downstairs for a peaceful breakfast with his mom.

Y/n: Morning, Ma!

M/n: Morning dear! I made your favorite.

She gestured to the dinner table where a plate full of pancakes, eagerly, Y/n rubbed his hands together with hunger in his eyes, he then went and sat down.

M/n: After your field trip, do you want to go watch a movie? I hear there's a new rendition of The Justice League film, they say it's better than the old one.

Y/n: *nom* Yeah, I wanna watch it!

M/n: I forgot but where exactly is this field trip going to, dear?

Y/n: Uhm...

It was a nuclear powerplant.

I mean, what kind of school would see it and think "Oh, a new powerplant? Let's let our students take a closer look!"

"Nothing's gonna go wrong!"

Yeah, right.

Young Y/n lets out a mighty large burp and gets up from the table.

Y/n: Alrighty mom, let's get going!

Y/n's mother only laughed at the sight of her son's face, a bit of maple syrup droplets remaining, she takes out a small handkerchief and reaches to his face to wipe it off.

Y/n: Mmmrph! Mooom we're gonna be late!

M/n: *chuckles* Okay, okay, let me get the keys.

Smiling happy smiles, the mother-son duo then proceeded to head to Edison's new power plantation, where a public unveiling was happening. Y/n's school had picked that event to be their first field trip location.

.....

They arrived a few minutes earlier than Y/n's other classmates, there were tall cooling towers that surrounded the entire area of the site and they were billowing a strange looking smog that may or not may not be toxic.

Y/n looked around to admire the weird visage and noticed that his practically older sister had woken up early too.

Melani: Y/n! Hey!

Y/n: Whaddup Mel!

They performed their favorite best friend handshake, as cliche as it sounds it actually reminds Y/n of the times where they used to hang out as kids at Melanie's backyard.

They still hangout but at other locations ever since Y/n had uh, destroyed a few things. A few expensive things.

Y/n's mother and Melanie's mom went ahead and started conversing as old friends, in fact, the only reason why Y/n and Melanie know each other is cause of their mothers.

Y/n: Hey, so... where's the others?

Melanie: I'm not entirely sure, but I think we're kinda early.

Y/n: Ew, Tony's late, cringe.

That earned a laugh out of Mel, the two then continued their conversation as a bunch of vehicles started arriving and parking at the lot. The teachers and other students had come.